• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are those ankle armor things called?

Huk Finn

* Ace Member *
I've seen a few people wearing those things that covers your socks/ankles and most of your shoe from thorns thistles etc.
What is a name for me to look them up with. Especially if your wearing shorts.
I'm ready to get some
Thanks

Probably...I'm searching now.
Most items that come up under that name got all the way up to the knees or are pants.
The ones I saw look like they have a bungey or strap that wraps around under the shoe. and goes about as high as a midsock.
I'll find em.

You really see people wear these on the course? And for protections from underbrush?

These are definitely more of a hiking/snowshoeing staple meant to keep snow and moisture from getting on pants and shoes.

Not saying they wouldn't work for what you're thinking but why not just wear pants??

You really see people wear these on the course? And for protections from underbrush?

These are definitely more of a hiking/snowshoeing staple meant to keep snow and moisture from getting on pants and shoes.

Not saying they wouldn't work for what you're thinking but why not just wear pants??

Yea I don't see myself wearing something like that. If I was really worried about thorns I would just wear pants. And if they got torn up "so what" it just makes them more fashionable in "today's world" lol.

seems a little overkill -since i cant think of a non snowy situation where u would need gaiters

also i wouldnt advise playing DG in snow where you would actually need gaiters

seems a little overkill -since i cant think of a non snowy situation where u would need gaiters

also i wouldnt advise playing DG in snow where you would actually need gaiters

Lol....I would advise just not getting the gaiters for the purpose of DG all together, just seems like a pointless thing to spend money on.

Wear some soccer socks with shin-guards, then you can run through the thorns and kick through them. Save the $25 for some plastic:D:D:D

Yea I don't see myself wearing something like that. If I was really worried about thorns I would just wear pants. And if they got torn up "so what" it just makes them more fashionable in "today's world" lol.

You would fit right in at a rock concert

Latest posts