• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What are you excited to try in 2019?

I'm most excited to throw the new Champion TL3's. I'll probably pickup a Champion Firestorm just for the hell of it, too. All this talk of the Bullfrog has peaked my interest as well...

I might be replacing my Pro Shark with a G Star Shark if the Pro disc becomes US and does not stay neutral since the disc broke in right away after a year of use.

I might be replacing my Pro Shark with a G Star Shark if the Pro disc becomes US and does not stay neutral since the disc broke in right away after a year of use.

GStar is going to break in relatively quickly, also. If you want your Shark to stay where it is, go for Star. (Champion would be better, but I don't know if Sharks come in Champion plastic like the Shark3 does.)

GStar is going to break in relatively quickly, also. If you want your Shark to stay where it is, go for Star. (Champion would be better, but I don't know if Sharks come in Champion plastic like the Shark3 does.)

No what I am really looking for is a disc that would work better as my windy putting putter as the Pro is broken in to neutral and can't handle the really strong winds when I play on occasion. The bonus is the G Star is found above 167 grams what Innova's Pro Shop sells the old pro X out at or did when I last looked a few weeks ago and Around the 175 gram discs are what I am looking for. The Star Bounces more out of the chains then I would like and a plastic that is a soft flexible Star seems like it would not bounce as much as Star.

XT Colt, trying to learn to use putters more and this one should be pretty straight for me on tough putts.

XT Colt, trying to learn to use putters more and this one should be pretty straight for me on tough putts.

The XT Colt is what got me throwing putters, even though it's more of a mid range feel to me. It's the reason I throw Ringer GT's now as well. I never threw deep putters well but the Colt and Ringer fit my hand and feel nicely to where I could still get putter flight without having to find a super beat up powered down mid range disc.

Against my wifes better wishes I'm interested in trying the Kong and the Raptor. I doubt the Raptor will replace my Vultures unless it's just that much more stable, but we'll see.

The XT Colt is what got me throwing putters, even though it's more of a mid range feel to me. It's the reason I throw Ringer GT's now as well. I never threw deep putters well but the Colt and Ringer fit my hand and feel nicely to where I could still get putter flight without having to find a super beat up powered down mid range disc.

Against my wifes better wishes I'm interested in trying the Kong and the Raptor. I doubt the Raptor will replace my Vultures unless it's just that much more stable, but we'll see.

Yeah the #2 Upshot in ProStyle Plastic similar to the XD/Colt is what I used to throw as a putter as well as uphill/downhill putter until my putter got the top with the micro warping as the disc did not fly when driving with the disc without wobble. Now The #2 Upshot just does the main thing and I use Star and Pro Sharks at 175 grams for the driving putter slot but more the Star as the Pro is more broken in to neutral flight.

Just got a couple 400 H3v2s and two 750G Spectrum D3s.
I want to test the H3v2s against Saint Pros, Thunderbirds, and Riots.
The D3s feel like bombers.

I want to test an Eraser Wizard against my Shields for throwing.
I really like the feel of Eraser but it'll be hard to replace my Shields.

I'll be throwing these this week.

Last year, I used a heat and a crank for distance drives, but this past autumn, I lost my crank driver on a ski hill course a couple weeks before snow started falling and it was lost for good (or at least until the thaw) so this year I figured I'd try something different and more on the OS side of the spectrum to complement my heat. What I really wanted was a super lightweight z-lite nuke OS but they don't seem to be available new for purchase from any retailer (according to a Discraft rep, the z-lite plastic is on backorder) so instead I ordered a light (160) z-flx punisher and a light (160) z-flx nuke. Last season, I started off by favoring a spectra and a nuke SS, but ended favoring the crank. I have a heavier nuke that I never grew into so I figured that maybe I'll try a lightweight grippy one and see what I can do with it. So yeah, I'm kind of excited to get out there and throw my new lightweight punisher and nuke.

Latest posts