• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What course has the Highest Elevation?

lion

I'm feeling frisky.
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
So on July 23rd I played Sunrise Ski Resort in Greer, AZ and the elevation on hole 1 was 10,600 feet. That was the highest I have ever played. I played Snowbowl in Flagstaff Arizona the following day and it wasnt that high, but it was close. It was somewhere between 9,500-10,000. I didnt take my GPS to get exact elevation in Flagstaff. Does anyone know of any other high altitude courses that are higher up in elevation. I just want to see where I stack up when it comes to playing these awesome courses.

Crystal Mountain here in WA will get you into Mile High Club, Summit(hole 1) is 6800 ft. Is on Mt Raineer, should be beautiful view of Puget Sound.

Wonder if anyone has chucked a disc off Everest yet?

I have played 8-9 courses that are over 7,000 feet. So I have a good variety, but maybe not the highest. I will have to google map this Utah course to see if it is higher then 10,600.

Aspen, CO hosts the Kiss The Sky tourney ay 11,212 feet. You ride the gondola up and play. You can ride down or play down. The record to play down from the top to a basket at the gondola base is 28.

I have played 8-9 courses that are over 7,000 feet. So I have a good variety, but maybe not the highest. I will have to google map this Utah course to see if it is higher then 10,600.

According to the Lon/Lat on the course page and Google Earth 10, 895ft, but I don't know how close the lon/lat is to the actual course.

So Brian Head in Utah is around 10,900. Thats pretty high. Does the Kiss the sky tourney happen on a permenant course? I checked some courses in Aspen but they were below 11,212. Just curious. I plan on playing Brians Head in the next year. Just a few hours from Vegas, so I'm there.

So Brian Head in Utah is around 10,900. Thats pretty high. Does the Kiss the sky tourney happen on a permenant course? I checked some courses in Aspen but they were below 11,212. Just curious. I plan on playing Brians Head in the next year. Just a few hours from Vegas, so I'm there.

I would love to get out there myself, I love southern Utah/Northern Arizona and that course sounds ridiculous.

Yeah I plan on staying in Vegas with my dad and then driving out and playing the 3 lowest courses in Utah. I should have all the lower Nevada courses and all but one of the northern Arizona courses played in the next 6 months. I don't forsee making it out to Page, Arizona to play the 9 holer unless its just by chance, but the rest are already planned.

There's also one at the Solitude ski course in northern Utah. I'll have to look that one up.
Edit:
Top elevation 10,035 ft (3,059 m)
according to Wikipedia, so no dice.

Last edited:
Supposedly Sugaree is the highest course in the eastern US at around 4000 feet. I guess that don't cut it.

Wow thats surprising that 4,000 is the highest on the eastern side. Never thought about it until now. I will have to start looking at the world courses to see what else is out there.

Supposedly Sugaree is the highest course in the eastern US at around 4000 feet. I guess that don't cut it.

The highest elevation I've played has to be Sky High.
It's only at 7000'+/- so I can only imagine how discs fly with another 4000' added on.
At 11000', is it all about Leps and Valks?

Last edited:
:( my home course is 0. Really City Park New Orleans is 0 ft above sea level. I've always wanted to go and play courses at elevation though. Can't wait to take a trip to Colorado.

:( my home course is 0. Really City Park New Orleans is 0 ft above sea level. I've always wanted to go and play courses at elevation though. Can't wait to take a trip to Colorado.

Playing at high elevations adds a whole new dimension to your throws. Your stable discs get REALLY STABLE and your understable stuff starts flying with much more reliable fade.
Getting the hang of throwing at high elevations takes a few holes, but it's really fun! :hfive:
It's crazy to watch a disc fly downhill 600', work some crazy lines, and then park by the basket! :p

I played the Colorado College course in Leadville, which is right at 10K ft. Biiiiig difference throwing up there vs below 1K ft.

I'm guessing the highest in the US has got to be in Colorado.

ive played winter park ski resort in colorado which i believe is 10700ish ft where the course is set up. the highest peak in the resort reaches over 12000 ft.