• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What disc are you most thankful for?

My seasoned "Stickin' Putts" rainbow stamp G25 Wizard. And it's five backups.

currently, my new "distance driver" the Dynamic Discs Lucid Renegade, flies straight and VERY far with very little effort

And my new Westside, Medium Plastic Harp, great for Upshots and short drives of ALL types, FH/BH etc.

A factory second 175 Star Teebird. It was my first Teebird, and definitely a winner. Nice, stiff swirly star plastic. Overstable enough to be perfect for backhand and forehand, and with some nice glide. I wish I knew where to get a replacement.

I also have a lot of sweet discs from Discraft misprint packs. Tough to beat those prices, and it's usually tough to spot the print errors.

What came to mind for me was one of my first Star TLs. It was a unique light blue with gray swirls and silver stamp; I've only seen one other disc like that and that was a Teebird. My TL flew great, as well. I put it on the wall when I started getting more nervous about losing it than liking the benefits of its reliably great flight.

My 170g Opto River. It was the first disc I could ever get solid distance out of. I threw it forever and it always performed. Not in my bag currently (too flippy at this point) and probably won't ever be again but I keep it because of the good memories.

I am thankful for my blue pfn orc. it is a great orc and hyzer flips and goes straight when there isn't too much wind. It's great around trees. On a related note I wish people would return two of the other orcs I've lost but had my name and number on them.

Champ Zephyr

White with purple swirls soft wizard. They day I bought that disc my game changed. I brought it home and liked the way it felt on putt release. Decided to give it a go throwing and kept turning it over. Said so in the forums and was told if I'm doing that with a brand new wizard than its my fault, not the disc. I than didn't play a round for two weeks. Just say in the field every night until u could tee off a putter straight. That disc has a special place in the history of my game.

I'm going with my first disc: champion 12x (?) Eagle. It got me into the sport. And ESP buzzzes.

My flat GStar Mako3. The easiest, straightest, furthest flying (for a mid range) disc I have ever laid my hands on. My 2 replacement discs are domed, looks like I'll never find an exact replacement...if I lose this disc.

My old stiff swirly Jackal stamped sFD. It's been in my bag for about two years now and I have no plans of taking it out. It flew really straight with a moderate fade when it was new, a lot like a star Teebird actually. Quite a bit more stable than todays semi gummy sFD's. Now it's really beat tho, but it still has a lot of utility. I use it for hyzer flip to s-turn bombs, sweeping turnovers, sky anhyzers, finesse hyzerflip forehands and even the occasional roller. Very versatile disc

My flat GStar Mako3. The easiest, straightest, furthest flying (for a mid range) disc I have ever laid my hands on. My 2 replacement discs are domed, looks like I'll never find an exact replacement...if I lose this disc.

I just got a board-flat Star Mako3, so flat Mako3s are out there. Just keep looking, and you'll find more flat ones in GStar (or Star, if you're good with those).

Latest posts