• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what discs you discovered made you crave playing even more?

All the MVP discs! Especially the putters. I really enjoy playing a round using only my Anode and Ion. For some reason, they're just plain fun to throw (funner I should say).

Two discs have made me want to play more. The first was my first run green Axis. I lost it a long time ago, but it was such a predictable disc. Still miss that thing. :(

The second was my DX Teebird. I instantly knew it was a great disc from the first throw, and it has served me well ever since I stuck it in the bag.

I think the big thing for me was playing all putter rounds and all putter and mid rounds. Even though it was the same disc, opening it up and seeing what it could do is something that still grabs me. I play all putter several times per week. My highest rated tournament round (898) was an all putter round.

i finally grabbed an opto saint in the red-orange color. not only is it one of the most beautiful discs i've ever seen, but on its first airing i managed to out drive the guys i was playing with today (which i never do) with a crazy cool s-curve that sailed forever. its one of the first discs i've had that immediately felt perfect in my hand. i am having a hard time waiting until daylight tomorrow so i can go back out and give it some more air time.

Started off throwing forehand-Loved and still love a dx banshee. Had some success with a destroyer. Mostly flicked overstable stuff. When I took to backhand, did some experimenting. Brought out an old dx teebird and a beat up pro destroyer, neither of which I liked forehand, and holy crap! Loved them all of a sudden! Also an evo warrior, just felt right in my hand.

MVP ion. Nothing will make you want to play more than having confidence inside and outside of the circle.

MVP has re-invented my game, i love throwing everything they make.

I think the Axis is the best all around disc i have ever thrown, without it i wouldn't enjoy disc golfing as much

Z Comet has got me back to throwing with form and not just using forgiving discs. So that's been a game changer. Finally getting a Wizard and trying that after so many putters was revolutionary for me. It's my putter forever now.

Every time I take my retired XD off the wall and putt with it I suddenly crave pitching and putting again. Then I start blowing by baskets and switch back to Omegas. Happens probably a few times a year :rolleyes:

I have recently enjoyed throwing a GL Fuse. That and my seasoned KC Pro Roc. Both are so fun to see hit over 300ft.

driver surge
fairway xs
mid scout
putter magnet
I am always more confident with one of these disc in my hand.

Really surprised nobody has listed the Buzzz! Hands down, a Cryztal Buzzz was my biggest game changer. The ability to throw pure, dead straight shots or hold lines does wonders for your game. A flat-topped DX Roc has taken it's place since, but when that gets beat up it will go right back in, I'm sure...

Latest posts