• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you throw for max distance?

On a WIDE open hole i'll throw a star katana 172g on a big S curve=350 - 400ish feet. On anything other than wide open holes I have to go with a 171 star wraith=300 - 350ish feet.

175g Star Xcaliber for open shots and a beat to hell 176g champ banshee in the woods.

oh and I throw the Banshee dead flat and the xcaliber with 10 - 15 degrees of anhyzer.

i threw a r pro boss today on a hizer, i started it off left and gave it hight so it would come back cuz its really flippy, but it never did hizer out, but it went around 440 feet, i think i needa give it a lil more height for it to come back.

Either a 173 ESP Surge, or a 174 ESP pulse, from time to time I will also use a 168 Force

175 Teebird or TL 280-320 feet range. I just picked up a 170 Archon today and can get it farther on average, but still not consistently.

Last edited:
it depends. for actual on the course distance I hyzer flip max weight beat up pro wraiths but when throwing for pure D in a field I use bosses and destroyers on huge anhyzers

I can't believe how little.it has been mentioned. A 172 pro wraith

My max distance is with a Pro Katana 175, but regularly turn to the TL 171 for any open, straight line bombs.