• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What have you broken when practicing at home?

Kamehame

I broke a chinese ceiling light today. Has anyone else had mishappens during your throwing excercises?

My basement window that faces the back yard (one of the small rectangular ones). Smashed it with a missed jump putt.

nice putter sized hole in the wall in the garage. i was a little tipsy one night and decided a full speed drive into the putting basket from 2 feet in front of the basket would be an AWESOME idea. i pictured the chains exploding and the smashing sounds, except it was more like a (thud) as the putter went into the garage wall. needless to say I missed the chains.

:(

scuffs/dings on wall/doors and an "unbreakable" light switch cover.

I slammed a star Orc into the corner of my 22" monitor once. Took it like a champ. It was a full force rip too. Was trying to mentally determine where my release was in full stride and the Orc came clean out of my hand.

When I was in college, my roomate threw a teebird straight through our (closed)dorm window. Luckily I haven't had any mishaps.

A living room window in '06, glass in a framed picture about a year ago, long narrow hole in the basement drywall sometime late last year. I've learned my lesson, until sometime in June or July of this year I imagine.

homebrew said:
My spirit usually.

:lol:

I haven't broken anything, my putting is on point at home on the skill shot, then back to good ol' 50/50 when it counts.

I cracked the vinyl siding on my house. My 3-y.o. son has sheared off two light bulbs - one was a compact fluorescent.

I accidentally hit the same son with a putt that split his eyebrow. That was a truly horrifying experience. I thought I had blinded him. He has just a tiny scar now.

I broke a window in my apartment (luckily this was about a month before they replaced all our windows :D ) and the wireless bike computer on my mountain bike :evil:

this wasnt in the house, but my roommate hit a passing car one time and snapped their windshield wiper in two, they swerved off the road and tried to beat us up lol, and then after they drove off they came back and called the cops on us for refusing to give him 20 bucks and we had to ride with the police to auto zone and buy a 7 dollar replacement wiper blade.

A self made poster when the disc ripped from my grip while I was practicing late acceleration/pausing shoulders/elbow chop.

Also put a hole in a door and the floor when practicing proper golf.