• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the craziest weather conditons you have played in?

Our group started playing in "SuperBang" every year before the Superbowl. Last year was our first year and we got hit with a pretty big blizzard the day before. There was somewhere around 2-4 feet of snow on the course. It made for a long day and a lot of lost discs but it was a good time.

Attachments

• superbang001.jpg
    superbang001.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 7
  • superbang002.jpg
    superbang002.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 6
45 degrees, 25-30 mph winds gusting higher, and torrential rain. But it was at Flyboy, my first chance to play there, so despite being within an inch of quitting after five holes when we made the pass back by the hangar (started on 18, the runway hole on the old layout), I stuck it out. For five hours. Rarely been wetter outside of a shower or swimming pool, and only been colder a few times, but I'd do it again. And I figure that having survived that, I'm not likely to ever have to bail out of a round purely because of weather (absent a direct hit from a tornado or something).

During a blizzard. Snow was coming at us sideways and ended up with about 14 inches of accumulation. Only 1 disc lost in our group all round, despite barely being able to see our disc even when it was in the air, much less on the ground.

I've had 2, I played in an ice bowl with 3 and a half feet of snow on the ground, with wind and more snow coming down.

Last saturday I played a tournament with freezing rain and sleet, and then snow, all with winds of 20+ mph, and gusting up over 40 mph in the open holes.

Duncan Lake last year. It was about 25 and a blizzard on saturday, then sunday it was 85 and sunny with not a hint of wind

I was back visiting in Iowa, and a blizzard came in. I decided I was going to go out and earn my snow badge. So I played one round on a nearby 9 hole course during the blizzard. Beings I officially started playing in the south, I never gave much though to white discs. ...I did that day! lol The rest of my time in Iowa on that trip, it never got above 15 and the snow didn't melt. I didn't let it stop me! :) It's funny how far a disc will travel under the snow! :rolleyes:

I've posted it b4, not quite the craziest, but the easiest to video, typically the crazier the weather = more fun during the round. Towards the end of the video the weather was the craziest:

I've posted it b4, not quite the craziest, but the easiest to video, typically the crazier the weather = more fun during the round. Towards the end of the video the weather was the craziest:

The best part about watching this video is knowing all the extra effort that setting up the camera for these shots added to your round. It's like in Survivorman when the dude gets a shot of him walking down a big hill, you know he had to go down, set up the camera, hike back to the top, and then walk back down, all just to get some scenic segue footage.

Haha, yeah, I enjoy setting up the camera when playing by myself on an empty course, I have a lot of fun with it, and in weather like that - it's awesome :D

Forest (the dog), I'm working on teaching him to drive first, so I can take a nap in the back of the car while he drives to the next course, he struggles with the signaling part... Once he gets that down, camera work should be a breeze.

that sounds... impossible. 70 mph and pouring? and you gotta see some guy's weiner over and over? i love disc golf but most people probably draw the line way before that point.

seems were going to be playing day 2 of the Tye Cunningham Memorial in a downpour here shortly, not the craziest weather ive played in, but its fitting since were discussing weather

one of the craziest weather stories for me was teeing off 18 amidst tornado sirens and extremely menacing skies. a friend and i were on the furthest hole from the lot, roughly 1 mile away, when the sirens started blaring. as we sprinted towards the lot we both instinctually stop at 18 and look at each other. didnt even say a word, quickly dropped our bags, grabbed a piece of plastic each, and both parked it under the basket, collected our deuces and gtfo. good times

I took my wife out to Mitch (Tye Cunningham just doesn't sound right to me) to show her what all the hoopla was. We were out to the basket on #3 when the hail started coming down. Made it back to the car safely but she sort of soured on DG for a while after that. Can't imagine why ... :D

ive posted this in like 10 different "what is the craziest weather" threads before but hell ill do it again...hurricane ike in 2008, we were in a pecan orchard and trees were literally falling around us.

hurricanedisc6.jpg

hurricanedisc5.jpg

hurricanedisc1.jpg

FH000014.jpg

FH000018.jpg

Latest posts