• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What things Disc golf related are you thankful for?

harr0140

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
1) Timg
2) My 3-4 week vacation every year where I can hit 10-15 new courses.
3) My nicely worn in DX Stingray for those gentle gliding anhyzers.
4) My Gummy Champion RHyno
5) That 80 playedin10states is no longer with us.
6) The Viper . . . and underused overstable midrange
7) MOST of the rest of the DGCR community
8) That I gave this sport a try after arranging a picnic with my wife in a park that happened to have disc golf. Ahh a chance encounter!
9) People who return discs even though I haven't had it happen yet.
10) DGCR Polls!

1) I can play almost everywhere i travel to.
2) That split second between when you see an ace hit the chains and when the sound actually reaches you
3) after i forget about all the discs and bags ive bought it's relatively inexpensive

Fiance and son who play with me. Gotta be my number one thing really; nothing better in life than doing what you love with the ones you love.

1) Timg
2) My 3-4 week vacation every year where I can hit 10-15 new courses.
3) My nicely worn in DX Stingray for those gentle gliding anhyzers.
4) My Gummy Champion RHyno
5) That 80 playedin10states is no longer with us.
6) The Viper . . . and underused overstable midrange
7) MOST of the rest of the DGCR community
8) That I gave this sport a try after arranging a picnic with my wife in a park that happened to have disc golf. Ahh a chance encounter!
9) People who return discs even though I haven't had it happen yet.
10) DGCR Polls!
Why isn't Kops Park on that list??? :D

Why isn't Kops Park on that list??? :D

Because it doesn't even exist! If it isn't on this site . . . it isn't a real course.

However, notice my sig has been updated I removed the KOPS Park note, but it will always read one more than my profile reads!

It's kindof like the old addage . . . if a tree falls in the woods and noone hears it . . . did it really fall?

Unfortunately nobody can be told about Kops Park.. You have to see it for yourself.

Unfortunately nobody can be told about Kops Park.. You have to see it for yourself.

That is true, words cannot do it justice. The view from the first tee (well some arbitrary spot in the grass near a park bench thats next to the sidewalk and facing the basket) is incredible.

I love being outdoors, playing a sport that is fun, and dosen't cost much to play.

I am also thankful for Discraft Magnets.

I'm thankful that girls in little shorts like to rollerblade along the path that runs through my home course. The joggers ain't too shabby either.

1)The fact that I got an email from Chris over at Gorilla boy disc sports saying they already have the coupon code working for free shipping. Also because that made me able to "yoink" the last camo/gray silverback. I'm too excited for this.
2)Oh and definitely thankful that Vallarta-ast aka token creek will be receiving an extra 9 holes soon. Not sure when they plan to work on it, but I will be so happy if it's up by next year since I shall have a year pass there next year.
3)These forums and the awesome people/help on them.
4)Must agree with Technoholic on the free public courses.
5)friends who DG and cool people I've joined up with from just meeting them at the course.
6)Also for an awesome disc shop owner who's too helpful and just cool to talk with.
7)Last, but not least. The glorious sound of those chains rattling(ace or not), such a rewarding sound.

Last edited:
-Friends ive made
-Being out in nature
-Exercise
-That DG is (primarily) free to play
-DG gives me that personal reflection time, some get it from fishing or whatever, mine comes from being out on the fairway and being one with the plastic and the chains.

Fiance and son who play with me. Gotta be my number one thing really; nothing better in life than doing what you love with the ones you love.

Bingo! Me too. I discovered the sport with my gf and I am oh so thankful that it is something we both enjoy doing together.

I am also thankful that I am healthy/fit enough to play and that playing helps to keep me healthy and fit.

Being of limited means I am very thankful that the cost except for my plastic obsession)is in keeping with my budget.

I am thankful I could make this sport a part of my vacation to Europe.