• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats in your bag......the 2010 edition!

I know you may not have enough reps in with PDs yet to know, but how much of a distance gap are you seeing between them and your Wraiths? I love throwing a Wraith but I end up always going for the PD for the increase in control/accuracy. The distance gap for me seems to be no more than 15ft or so when I'm hitting around 415-435 with both.

ferretdance03 said:
I know you may not have enough reps in with PDs yet to know, but how much of a distance gap are you seeing between them and your Wraiths? I love throwing a Wraith but I end up always going for the PD for the increase in control/accuracy. The distance gap for me seems to be no more than 15ft or so when I'm hitting around 415-435 with both.
I don't break 400. :( I haven't had a chance to hit the field with both of these discs together yet but based on a few tosses in the open after a rd, it looked like I was getting around an additional 30ft from a Wraith vs PD. The only time on the course I choose something faster than a PD is if the extra distance would get me a putt, and on wide open holes over 500ft, etc. You can see based on the 4:1 ratio of PD to Wraith what I throw most often for distance. The max D disc of choice for me will probably always be up for debate since (a) I don't throw far, and (b) I don't have the need for the max D shot that often on the course. Always open to good suggestions though, and I appreciate the input.

Been playing around with a ton of molds lately. Feel pretty happy with what I've got going on right now, feel like I've settled into a good line-up.

166g OG Wiz - Putts
170g Gummy Evo Wiz - Drives and approach
167 FLX Buzz (Beat) - less stable buzz
177 FLX Buzz (Newish) - More stable buzz
168g QOLF - Go to driver
169 QOLF - Flippier QOLF, nice for easier S turns and tailwinds, or anhyzers that don't come back
173 Z Pred - Very OS even for a Pred, FH rollers, OH shots and strong headwind D
164 *SL - Rollers, probably getting replaced with a QOLS eventually
173 Z Nuke - Max D open shots

apprx distances I reach for these discs, obviously varies with conditions and shot lines.

Distance (around 425' of power on days that I'm throwing well, around 400' on bad days now)
175 Glow Champ Destroyer - headwind distance, long sweeping hyzers
170 AJ Star Destroyer - stable distance
169 SDS Destroyer - hyzer flips, tailwind driver

Fairway (250'-380'ish)
171 Z Pred - flat top, skip shots and strong headwind hyzers
174 Z Pred - primary overstable
173 Z Pred - beat, lost some of it's HSS so it is more workable
176 X Cyclone - main control driver, wearing into turnover driver
169 ESP Cyclone - probably get a heavier one for a little added wind resistance
175 S Rush - bomb turnovers, rollers

Midrange/All Purpose (200'-330')
180 DX Rancho Roc - new, overstable like a new roc should be
175 DX Rancho Roc - bottom stamp with a nice dome. good driving roc
177 DX Rancho Roc - stage 3 beat - hyzer flips to straight, flat throws hold a good turn.
174 Z Comet - straight and turnover shots that require finesse

Putters (0-225')
174 Cryztal Challenger - putter drives, hyzer approaches
172 D Challenger - main putter, wearing nicely
174 D Challenger - backup putter, needs a little more wear on it
175 Firm(?) Summit - turnover approaches. comet flight w/o all the glide.

What's in my Revo LE Multicam Carolina:

3 Z Nukes (to go far)
4 Z Forces (not quite so far)
1 Z Predator (wind, skips, thumbs)
3 ESP Cyclones (hit that gap)
4 Z Buzzzes (you know!)
1 Glow Roc (water, rollers)
1 ESP Zone (big wind)
1 D Rattler (fluffy runs, flicks)
2 Med Ions (new, going up against the bar-stamps and CT Challengers)

170g P-line DD2
175g EchoStar Wraith
172g Pro Wraith
170g Star Roadrunner

175g Champ Firebird
2x 175g Champ Teebird
2x 170g Star Tl
170g Star Eagle-x

2x 176g Esp Buzzz
177g Z Buzzz
175g Gold Fuse

2x 174g S Magic
1x 174g M Magic
174g Prodiscus JOKERi (1st run)

Drivers
Very Overstable: Z Pred
Overstable: Z Force
Stable: S-PD
Understable: Pro Wraith (beat)
Big D: Pro Wraith (new)
Fairway: Pro D Cyclone

Mids
Z Drone (FLX in Winter)
Star Roc+
Z Comet

Putters
Firm Summit
Firm VP

I thought you would have a DD2 :) Does the description of the Jokeri as flying like a KC Pro Aviar only in Latitude Zero type plastic ring true to you? Is it slippery now that it's cold and wet and how does it handle winds when driving?

paju said:
170g P-line DD2
175g EchoStar Wraith
172g Pro Wraith
170g Star Roadrunner

175g Champ Firebird
2x 175g Champ Teebird
2x 170g Star Tl
170g Star Eagle-x

2x 176g Esp Buzzz
177g Z Buzzz
175g Gold Fuse

2x 174g S Magic
1x 174g M Magic
174g Prodiscus JOKERi (1st run)

JR said:
I thought you would have a DD2 :) Does the description of the Jokeri as flying like a KC Pro Aviar only in Latitude Zero type plastic ring true to you? Is it slippery now that it's cold and wet and how does it handle winds when driving?

So far only a couple of rounds with it but I'm digging it for stable driving putter (replacing m wizard atm)
In hand it feels like a Pure and plastic is _very_ zeroish and grippy, a little bit stiffer than Zero Pure. Biggest concern about the plastic is if it's going to dinge as bad and as fast as Pure (no hard treesmacks so far..)
I have two in 173-175 range, don't know actual weight. IMO they fly somewhat more stable than KC aviar or Wizard and I didn't get them to flip at all thrown with a little hyzer in calm weather. Haven't thrown it flat with 100% power or into headwind though.

Sounds like a pretty good putter, I need to get some next spring. I would've thought you'd carry more Discmania discs though. =)

jubuttib said:
Sounds like a pretty good putter, I need to get some next spring. I would've thought you'd carry more Discmania discs though. =)

I'm guessing with this you're referring to Mr. World/Europe Champ Paju being sponsored by Discmania ? Like I've tried to tell before, I am shamed not to be that guy, just a very average finn..(living in same city though -> almost famous?)
Glad I have written so little cause I see my interwebz cred dropping about 99,5%..

E: Or never mind..

paju said:
jubuttib said:

I'm guessing with this you're referring to Mr. World/Europe Champ Paju being sponsored by Discmania ? Like I've tried to tell before, I am shamed not to be that guy, just a very average finn..(living in same city though -> almost famous?)
Glad I have written so little cause I see my interwebz cred dropping about 99,5%..

E: Or never mind..

But are you his big brother?

Revamped my bag since the beginning of this year and cut down how much I carried

1 174g Opto XXX (for side arms, skip shots and thumbers) 225-325
2 174g ESP Predator (for headwind drives my teebirds cant handle, throwing over trees) 300-390
2 174g Ch Firebird 11X (used basically as a long stable mid, wind, woods, thumbers and forehand rollers) 290-360
2 174g St Teebird (utility driver for any shallow s-turns to hyzer) 350-400
2 174g Ch Eagle-L 11X (bullit straight driver to long turn overs, uphill drives) 350-400
1 174g CE TL (Finess drives, hyzer flips, long turn overs, back hand rollers) 300-400
2 172g GL Halo (max D, most accurate D driver ever) 380+
2 175g HPP Demon (Spikes, side arms, trick shots, side arm upshots, windy putter) 100-330
2 177g Opto Core (utility mid, slight hyzer to turnovers) 290-360
1 177g Opto Fuse (turnover mid, hyzer flip mid) 290-360
3 174g Pro Rhyno (anything within 300)
1 174g SE Rhyno (main putter)
1 175g X-link Soft VP (long range putter 50+)
1 174g Zero Sinus (very short driver, doesnt skip)

Currently working with
174g River
174g Flow
174g Pig
174g Vision
174g Trident

It seems like I have alot of overlap but everything has it purpose

I'm a bit on the minimalist side.

Drivers:
175g 11x Firebird
175g 12x Firebird
174g Sparkle Z Force
175g FLX Surge
175g FLX Surge SS
174g Cryztal FLX Avenger SS

MidRange

174g Flippy Cryztal Buzzz
176g Stable Sparkle Z Buzzz
170g Star Cro (Original 1st run)

Putter
174g Cryztal FLX Challenger

Max D:
FR Z Nuke 174: left and head wind
FR Z nuke 171: go to distance
FR ESP nuke 168: flippy

Fairway:
Z Avenger: predictable go to
Z Pred: very Stable
ESP XL: go to
X XL: flippy, LONG roller

Mid:
Glow Buzzz: stable
Bar Buzzz: go to
Comet: comet

Putters:
D Challenger: putting
D Challenger: Stable upshots
Soft Challenger: right
soft APX: straight

Now that winter's here I've had to take out some trusty friends (beat Rocs, white discs, hard to replace plastic) but of course it's always fun to mess with new stuff. Even though I've played in the snow for a few winters now, there's still an adjustment period where you kinda figure out how to throw in the conditions again. I've been using this rig lately and liking it:

R-Pro Boss (159, newish) - I like what I can do with this disc on the snow. With regular footing in the summer this disc is too flippy...but right now it's all right
Opto xXx (172, new) - I had two Star FBs in the bag to replace my 11x/Champ Glo/CE setup but the stable one wasn't stable enough. This xXx is.
Star Firebird (174, worn) - covers all my backhand FB shots and straighter flicks
S-Line PD (171, used) - stable control, some FH
Star Sidewinder (168, newer) - understable driver, hyzer flips to turn, uphill drives

FLX Buzzz (177, used) - stable mid, I don't like FLX in the summer but in winter temps it feels pretty good - this disc is surprisingly trusty for my FH
Gold Line Fuse (174, new) - straight to understable mid, kicked out my Comet - it's pretty close to a worn Roc off the shelf with a tad more LSS

S Wizard (172, used) - stable drives and approaches, windy putts
SSS Magic (175, new) - finesse approaches, turnover drives
SS Magic (171, used) - alternate putter, throw-in attempts
Organic Magic (172, used) - main putter

cold outside so I'll feed the beast by posting my bag

I am a minimalist and carry about 10 discs typically but switch things up quite a bit. This is how things stand currently

175 Wizard
174 Magnet
2 x Glo Roc (one newish one beat)
175 Dx Leopard
2 x 11x Teebirds
170ish Star Roadrunner
173 Z Surge (just put this in, squirrely but goes far)
175 star Destroyer

Typing this out makes me question the setup. Thinking I will replace a Teebird with a stable short driver, something like a Whippit maybe. suggestions welcome

Oh yeah... I am mostly unfamiliar with the newer discs and manufacturers you kids like these days so pardon the retro nature of the bag, surely it is not intentional. Know what I like and like what I know to a fault

Wintertime bag...darn, I don't carry a bag during the winter, just these two discs:

SS Warlock 175g
CH Teebird 175g

They're the chosen ones because they are
A) red (to increase the chances to find them)
B) not included in my summertime bag (not going to cry if I lose these)

And the not-so-funny thing: with this "bag" I played today at my local course only 2 over my PB. Damn, don't know if I should be happy or very worried!

Control
Star Teebird
Star TL

Very Overstable
Star Firebird

Mod Overstable
Champion Starfire

Distance
ESP Nuke
Pro Wraith
Pro Wraith
Pro Boss

Understable
Star Roadrunner

Midrange
Champion Roc
DX Roc
DX Stingray

Putter
Medium Flex Wizard
S Soft Warlock

Been in kind of a slump lately and let the number of molds I'm carrying balloon so here is my back to basics bag.

distance headwind/sidearm- Boss 175g
overstable- 175g C-PD
Stable- 175g P-PD (New)
Understable- 175g P-PD (beat)

Fairway
Stable- CE Leopard 175g (flat and pretty beefy but workable)
Stable- champ leopard 175g (nice and straight)
Understable- Proline(CE) Leopard 175g (feel like i can make magic with this bad boy)

Mid
overstable- new 12x roc
stable- seasoned 11x roc
understable- trashed dx bottom stamped roc

putters
new m-ion for drives and putting
seasoned soft ion for upshots