• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Whats Next?!?

Hey guys, I am still fairly new but I am getting on the horse and immediately starting with a sprint. And any chance my paycheck allows, I am expanding my bag, but its hard to know what to get next, especially since I can't try it before I buy. I have a lot of DX and I feel that my bag is fairly diverse for the few discs I have. Please give me some advice on where to go next. Thanks!

DX Aviar - can putt very well
DX Shark - use for hyzer approach shots
DX Cobra - can throw incredibly straight
DX Leopard - same as cobra but further
GStar Valkyrie - Amazing driver, straight with a slight fade
Blizzard Champion TeeDevil - difficulties but I am figuring it out more and more

I like all of them, though I have heard not so great about DX plastic, found the Cobra in a creek when I was searching TeeDevil...

You don't have a bad set up. How far are you throwing your midranges? What about your Valk? If anything invest in a higher quality plastic to replace your DX once they break in too
much.

Looks like a perfect setup to me, good choices (though I'm unfamiliar with the Teedevil).

If the DX Leopard is going straight then I'm guessing the Valk is a bit on the overstable side, you might be happy with a Gstar Roadrunner for all-out max D. It will probably do a nice s-curve, or at least fade less than the Valk.

The valk averages about 250 and the mid ranges are more of 150-200 max. Still working on that distance but form is coming along. In the past two weeks I have added about 70-100ft to the average

Best advice I ever got, and I ignored it for the first year I played, is learn to throw the slow stuff first. If the dx Leopard is straight then get a star in the mid to upper 160s. I also would try a semi-understable mid like a fuse or comet. Other than that. Just throw what feels right.

In that case the Valk may be a bit much for you right now. I think a Gstar Roadrunner would be perfect. As your distance increases, you can keep throwing it for shots you want to turn right (assuming you're a right-handed backhand thrower) and when you're closer to 300ft the Valk should be good for max D.

But until then the Valk can be good for headwinds and shots you want to go straight and then fade hard.

There is nothing wrong about DX plastic. Your bag is looking pretty good. However I would suggest maybe pulling your teedevil out of your bag until your valk is going straight without the fade. Maybe add a DX Valk to compliment your gstar. Then maybe you'll understand why DX is so good.

There is nothing wrong about DX plastic. Your bag is looking pretty good. However I would suggest maybe pulling your teedevil out of your bag until your valk is going straight without the fade. Maybe add a DX Valk to compliment your gstar. Then maybe you'll understand why DX is so good.

exactly this. and emphasis on the dx not being bad plastic. however maybe buy some premium plastic drivers. but for mids and putters dx is great

Put away the Teedevil for a few months until you form gets better. The rest of you bag looks like a very good starting point.

If i were you ,and knew now what I didn't know then, grab a Champ/Star Orc for your max-d driver and avoid anything faster than that for a while. Everything else looks good. Keep the Cobra, that's one I learned on and still have in my bag.

Only other suggestion would be an understable putter like a Lat 64 spike/ Gateway Voodoo.

You've got a good bag there, and kudo's for not going out and buying every speed 13 disc lol. I've seen too many folks do that.

If you want to work on your form, try this:
Find a putter that you can drive with. I use the Envy from Axiom. It's a really shallow putter, and it feels more like a mid. But there's a lot of options. Ask around! Try to find one that is quite neutral, as it will be much more affected by flaws in your form. Ask for something that can handle a lot of power!

Next step is to use only this putter in addition to your putting putter. You don't have to use it all the time, but try to go a few rounds with only putters. Not only will your form increase, but your distance will increase too! I played 10-12 rounds in about two weeks, and I went from 300' to 360'-400'. I were able to throw my putter further than my TeeBirds went previously.

This method might not be too fun at times, but you can look at it as an investment! :)

Edit: Try to film yourself driving and post it here on the forums. You'll get a lot of helpfull feedback! :)

Thanks for the Advice guys! I went ahead and got a Star Teebird. I will be looking into a new putter next I believe.

Also will take the putter game advice and play a few rounds with only my putter.

Thanks!