• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's up with my distance?

When you are pulling through before you stop your elbow you are mainly suppose to pull using your shoulder rotation or do you pull hard as heck using muscles in your arm/dorsi muscle?

I read somewhere when you pull your not suppose to use arm muscles because when muscles are flexed you get less smoothness and snap.

When i go out to my local field for a couple hours and practice drives the next couple of days my shoulder blade/dorsi muscle, bicep, triceps and forearms ache really bad like i was just power lifting the night before. Im starting to think that when i pull i just pull it has hard as i can using all the muscles in my arm which is robbing my of D because im too tight flexing muscles in my arm.

Basically what i wanna know is what muscles do you use the most when you pull? Or do you try to minimize muscle use and just use shoulder rotation till the elbow stops?

When you are pulling through before you stop your elbow you are mainly suppose to pull using your shoulder rotation or do you pull hard as heck using muscles in your arm/dorsi muscle?

I read somewhere when you pull your not suppose to use arm muscles because when muscles are flexed you get less smoothness and snap.

When i go out to my local field for a couple hours and practice drives the next couple of days my shoulder blade/dorsi muscle, bicep, triceps and forearms ache really bad like i was just power lifting the night before. Im starting to think that when i pull i just pull it has hard as i can using all the muscles in my arm which is robbing my of D because im too tight flexing muscles in my arm.

Basically what i wanna know is what muscles do you use the most when you pull? Or do you try to minimize muscle use and just use shoulder rotation till the elbow stops?
I think this boy might be gettin' it. Basically you use just enough muscle to get into the right pec position, so you are just guiding the disc there and the shoulder rotation will help get the momentum going to the arm and then shoulder rotation after the right pec position adds huge leverage.

Sore arm and back muscles typically mean you are trying too hard and strong arming it. Its typically my right pec that gets a little sore or tight after a while and occasionally my forearm.

I think this boy might be gettin' it. Basically you use just enough muscle to get into the right pec position, so you are just guiding the disc there and the shoulder rotation will help get the momentum going to the arm and then shoulder rotation after the right pec position adds huge leverage.

Sore arm and back muscles typically mean you are trying too hard and strong arming it. Its typically my right pec that gets a little sore or tight after a while and occasionally my forearm.

Ya i forgot to mention my right peck being very sore too.

Thanks alot for the info. Its always an awesome feeling when you've identified a problem area in your form. Now i know what to work on.

I worked on the Beato drills today. Just the first step though. Having some difficulties. My Buzzzes were only going about 125. WTF!?!?

You talking Peck drill with no step? Yeah, cant expect much distance like that. Its more just a training exercise.

Yeah, it was just the pec drill with no step. I was throwing 12 down then back. Little over a hundred throws. So I'm good with the 125 while just doing that drill?

Yeah, it was just the pec drill with no step. I was throwing 12 down then back. Little over a hundred throws. So I'm good with the 125 while just doing that drill?

More or less, and that is also about the only bit you want to use your arm. The reach back and complete body rotation will provide your power going forward and your arm should only guide the disc until that point.