• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your oldest disc?

Those were the best rocs ever made imo.
The current KC Glow Roc's are the closest I can find....... Also have a single Luster Champ Roc3 that has beat in really close, so much so that i bought two Barsby signed ones as backup.
My one real irk about Innova is that the BEST molds always change or they stop making them. I realize that the tools wear over time and and plastic blends change but you'd think they would document the details of the tool and plastic blend so they could go back and reproduce them closer to the original.

@CaptainAnhyzer I'm really curious as to what changed between the Viper or Whippet and whatever DGA modified them into.

from what i remember people saying back in the day, DGA machined the bottom edge of the disc. I remember seeing Factor I, II, III and IV stamps on some discs. I can only assume they cut off different depths and possibly even cut the edge beveled.

Add the new robot throwers and 3D printers to the arsenal of tools a manufacturer can use and I think we could see some next level discs coming out in the near future.

To follow up on ^that, Not worth the cost to manufacture to a medical grade consistency. Much more cost effective to get less consistent product (plastic) to keep your own production costs lower.

Oldest in my bag currently is an 08' Worlds FLX Drone, while I'd say the oldest discs I currently own are mid 90s DX.

Oldest ever was probably the Wham-O 86 mold (came out 5ish years prior to the 86 Softie).
The 86 mold is back! But some kind of C-line type plastic, not the "Softie". I have no additional thoughts because the box with mine disappeared 😬

86 Stout

Someone's also making Lightning again, for some reason.

The 86 mold is back! But some kind of C-line type plastic, not the "Softie". I have no additional thoughts because the box with mine disappeared 😬

86 Stout

Someone's also making Lightning again, for some reason.
86 Softie was my first putter!!! And Discovering the World was where I bought from. Old school paper catalog would show up a few times a year and i'd go thru and circle all the "wants". Damn im old!!!