• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where have you played?

domromer said:
I gotta head your way soon, I wish P town was a little bit closer. I will need to be overnight trips to hit up the course up there. How is the Rooster rock course? I hear it borders a nude beach :shock:
That is the first I've heard of that! Rooster Rock is an interesting course though. Two 9 hole layouts seperated by about a mile and with completely different character. West is fairly open and beginner friendly and the East is in the woods and punishing.

Some great scenery visible from the west 9, and some of the biggest potential for high winds anywhere in the state I'd say. A few exits down the freeway closer to Portland is the superior Dabney State Park but you can easily do both in half a day.

I'm planning to be in Eugene saturday and hit Dex in the morning sometime!

Rooster Rock - East
Columbia Gorge, Oregon 97019

Course Established: 2004 Record Last Modified: 2006-10-12 10:53:08
Description: Beautiful scenery, narrow fairways and major elevation. You may lose a disc in the dense brush or off the steep cliffs. The first 3 holes are on the path to a nude beach. $3 fee.

Yes golf and boobies!!

I want to make another trip down to Portland sometime soon...I've gotten a chance to play Pier and Milo (loved both of them for different reasons) and definitely want to play them again. But I want to see what else Portland has to offer, what would you recommend as the next course I should check out?

Depends a lot on what side of town you plan on spending time in.

As for Rooster Rock, it just got even more interesting.

I've only been to my buddy's new place once, but its right off of Alberta, in an area that's kind of sketchy, but got some pretty cool bars around, if that tells you anything. Oh, lookin at a map now, he's at 20th and Alberta.

From there I'd say you have 3 good options. The first two are Pier in St Johns and Milo and Timber in Estacada, both where you've golfed before. The other option is to head down the gorge to Dabney and Rooster. Dabney is a great course.

Latest posts