• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which discs do you use for 90's style disc golf?

found a tp cyclone with a stamp from 1995 in the used bin the other day.

yeah those TP Cyclones in used bins used to tear my wallet up. I don't have many left now between breaking them losing them or selling them off. They've even discontinued the ESP Cyclone. C'est la vie.

but back to 90's DG; I was watching the 93 and 99 worlds vids on youtube. Makes me wish I had started back then.

scorpion
hammer
but the go to discs were the viper and cyclone.
eagle came out late 90's and replaced the viper/cyclone.

money 21 said:
some days i with they would have capped the driver limit at speed 10.

I think Dave Dunnipace of Innova wanted stop it at 11 IIRC. It may have been 12 but even the experts knew there would eventually be diminishing returns on disc rim width. I've lately been trying to embrace the faster stuff. I don't have consistency with them but that doesn't mean others don't. It's still good to be familiar with all the tools available.

back to 90's style. Here is a video of Paul McBeth and Kyle Sawtelle doing a 90's challenge:

part 2

and with some other dudes at the USDGC

part 2 USDGC

i throw the faster stuff as well. I was just thinking about how differently we attacked course back when a cheetah and cyclone were considered fast discs. I believe the game was more artistic then where now it is a power game. Watching mcbeast throw the nova at worlds and the line he threw took me back.

Its hilarious how surprised they all are that the gazelle is stable.

As per this thread I bought a 175 blue classic aviar, 180 red dx stingray, 180 white dx roc, and 180 blue dx viper for $30. No bag required. I'm pumped to crush some folks with these baaad boys!