• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why did my disc do that?

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Oh, because it's still in my bag and I threw this one by accident b/c it's the same color as the disc I wanted to throw. I hate it when that happens.

Stupid PD and Surge being Peach/orange colored. :mad:

I've done this twice. First time was mistaking a Demon for a Warrior, both red Sure Grip, and the second was grabbing a Drone and thinking it was a Buzzz, both yellow FLX. Both times, I was trying to float in a nice anny shot. Both times I thought WTF, and then got to my disc and realized I threw the wrong disc.

haha been there. I threw my KC pro cheetah once thinking it was something else and I hit the basket -- I don't remember if I realized it mid flight or when I got up to the disc. I believe I intended to throw a champ eagle which was also red.

Did the same thing a few weeks back...pulled out my Star Roadrunner to throw a tunnel shot, and let her rip, expecting to fly right down the middle, well it did for about 200', then hyzered left hard....I was thinking WTF????? When I got to it, I found out why...I threw my Star bottom stamp destroyer.....OOPS!

I had an Avenger and Avenger SS that were similar color. We played at Central park one day and they have flags on top of the basket that move at different wind speeds...well all 3 were completely horizontal just flapping away and I grab the trusty avenger, chuck it, watch it flip right over and bomb into the ground like 100' away...what the hell?? Oh...that was the SS. DOH!

I have dyed my discs with differing designs, that way I just look at the dye and know which disc I have in my hand.
I figured this out much the same way...the original stamps had worn off, several discs the same color, etc.
Know if I can just learn how to throw the d*$n things...

I have two sets of discs in my bag that look really similar, and I've done that a few times. My orc and banshee look the same, as do my gator and one of my rocs, both of which have made for some really terrible shots.

ITT: Reasons why the discs in your bag should all look different, or be different colors.

I 've did that with a TL and Teebird and also with a Coyote and Dart. But I never threw them. Realized on the teepad that I had the wrong disc. Felt stupid.

Nice idea for a thread, btw.

Two years ago, the first year I was playing, I was in Fairmont, WV (Seth Burton & Orange Crush). I kept throwing my red Champion Sidewinder left (RHBH) in the woods and couldn't figure out why. Finally, on a 300' hole I let one sail and it went into the woods way left and I lost it. Looked for about 15 minutes with no success.

So about 5 holes later, playing a parallel fairway to the one I lost my disc on, about 100' down a hill, I found "someone's" unmarked red Champion Wraith. Once I got back to the car I realized what had happened.

I had left my Sidewinder in the car and accidentally put my Wraith in my bag. I was just starting to practice with the Wraith & it was way too much disc for me at the time. So I had actually found my own Wraith on that hole (didn't mark my discs at the time) and had never lost my Sidewinder.

I was glad to figure out what was wrong... but frustrated about how many strokes I lost to the wrong disc. At the time, I didn't even notice the big difference between the rim that is obvious to me now. Live and learn!

Oh, because it's still in my bag and I threw this one by accident b/c it's the same color as the disc I wanted to throw. I hate it when that happens.

Stupid PD and Surge being Peach/orange colored. :mad:

I have done that more than once, that is why I now mark the bottoms of my discs:

100_0004.jpg

I threw my Firebird instead of Sidewinder in a tourney, same plastic, color and weight. Was waiting for it to flip up, but the SOB hyzered OB!

It helps you find the disc you want, and it is a great way to spot someone who found your disc and didn't call you.:D

It's official, MB is the Rainman of disc golf.

I did this for the first time at my last weekly dubs. The hole I was at has a VERY narrow window, so I always throw thumber. I picked my Flick out of my bag and parked the hole. I kept wondering why it didn't make its first turn sooner as I walked to drop in my deuce. I finally figured it out when I picked my Reaper off the ground. Both Z plastic, both exact same color.

I did that not too long ago. Pulled out my Buzzz GT for an approach shot. Instead, it was my Slipstream (same exact color and similar stamp) which turn and disappeared way off into the woods. Drat!!!

I promptly retired the Buzzz GT. :doh:

Orange XS and Orange Crush. Used to get me every time. Fortunately or unfortunately I lost the XS a few weeks ago, and the problem has since ended.