• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why did my disc do that?

One time I throw orange disc and when the disc was in the right pec, I noticed that it was the wrong disc and I try to grip it:doh:. That was a long throw to wrong direction.

Ps. Sorry about offtopic, but how many thread have pic of Midnightbikers discgolfbag? I think at least 10.

Only did this once. After a long day of winter discing, I'm on the last hole's tee and I grab what I thought was my Groove but ended up being a Valkyrie. Try forehanding that sucker up and over the trees (aka the local homeboy route) and it shanks like crazy. I'm like, "what tha...?!"

Then I notice the person leaving the dog park. And my disc heading straight for her. "Fooooorrrrrreee!"

Luckily it missed her by a few feet. She was cool about it, picked up my disc and brought it over to me; I don't think she realized how close I was to killing her with a "frisbee."

Heh.

Never done that, but I've thrown a disc that I still had lights taped to without realizing it. Instead of a consistent hyzer with my Teebird, it flipped up, started turning, and went about 60' too far and 100' too far to the right. Then I did the same thing on the next hole with another disc.

I've done this twice. First time was mistaking a Demon for a Warrior, both red Sure Grip, and the second was grabbing a Drone and thinking it was a Buzzz, both yellow FLX. Both times, I was trying to float in a nice anny shot. Both times I thought WTF, and then got to my disc and realized I threw the wrong disc.

How do you mix up a Buzzz and a Drone? I'd like to think I'd figure that one out once I got the disc in my hand.

I've done the wrong disc thing numerous times. Went Destroyer instead of
Valk (both blue), Xcal instead of Katana (both green). Unfortunately the disc you accidentaly choose, usually does the complete opposite of the disc you were meaning to throw. At least in my experiences.
:wall:

I did this last week, but it's because I had a brand new disc and it was an X out that just said "Innova Factory Second" EXACTLY like my thumber disc.

so I tossed a really high thumber with my new champ wraith X out...worked great!

\/\/

Latest posts