• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wiggins Tour Series Destroyer in ProShop

I can, they have a straight edged rim not round, may not be that extreme but definitley not what I would call good topped.

If that is the one and only criteria then I see what you're saying, but there are runs of that style that are amazing discs and aren't the sharper angle that you see above.

Destrulcan. You can't sit here and tell me the Wiggins look like this.

Stolen pic btw. My arms are like oaks.

Photoon12-5-12at141PM_zps0e883935.jpg

I would agree that is a Vulcan top, the DW's are not Vulcan. So whoever says they are is wrong. :hfive:

I tell ya what, to all the people that are saying Vulcan topped won't touch them, great, don't. But go make your own damn thread and biatch like little babies there. Those that have bought them and are throwing them lets have some feedback here. If they are awesome lets hear it, if they suck lets hear that too and why.

Alright, here is a pic I took of a Wiggins Destroyer (my own, although I have not yet thrown it). As you no doubt can tell, there is a slight change of angle from the rim to the flight plate, but it's very slight, not nearly so drastic as the Destrulcan pictured above.

WP_20140409_20_25_47_Pro.jpg

if 20 people send me a 1 dollar in paypal i'll go throw the only one i have left.

I've been waiting for it to dry out a bit around here before I throw mine (sooooo much mud and slop). Should be able to report after this weekend if the weather plays nice.

aaatyyyyy_zps51b7c4b5.jpg

wiggins on right. even at the much flatter level as the pic shows the shoulder is no way near as abrupt a drop as the vulcan top on the left. if we were to turn the wiggins disc more toward us as the same angle as the vulcan top the comparison would show even more clearly the difference in the shoulder drop.

i've had plenty of vulcan tops (keyword: had) and these are not really close at all. and they fly a lot different....

So I finally threw a few yesterday. Took my basket out with a couple friends in a field and bombed like ten of my destroyers to compare. It's a beefster, I mean SUPER beefy for me. I know it's new, but she is a meathook right now, keep in mind the fact that my max d throwing flat is about 380, with an anny flex I can get farther sometimes, but these wiggins flew almost as overstable as my champ destroyers. The closest star destroyer in flight was my new super domey pair of AJs. This will be my headwind disc until it beats in real nice. I got the 175, so maybe the lighter ones won't fight back so much, but I doubt there is much of a difference.

pretty much my experience also. i have a bit more power and i feel these do pack some beef. comparable to my anthons in a variety of factors. the glide is pretty bad a$$ as usual for a destroyer. of course i do have a ton of these wiggins discs and the four i'm throwing right now are pure money. every bit a destro in every sense of the word.

aaatyyyyy_zps51b7c4b5.jpg

wiggins on right. even at the much flatter level as the pic shows the shoulder is no way near as abrupt a drop as the vulcan top on the left. if we were to turn the wiggins disc more toward us as the same angle as the vulcan top the comparison would show even more clearly the difference in the shoulder drop.

i've had plenty of vulcan tops (keyword: had) and these are not really close at all. and they fly a lot different....

pretty much my experience also. i have a bit more power and i feel these do pack some beef. comparable to my anthons in a variety of factors. the glide is pretty bad a$$ as usual for a destroyer. of course i do have a ton of these wiggins discs and the four i'm throwing right now are pure money. every bit a destro in every sense of the word.

The only difference i notice between the two is that the wiggins destroyer has a higher dome.

You guys must have some serious money invested in these to be able to look at that picture of them side by side and not see two vulcan top Destroyers, i seriously can't believe someone can look at that and see two different shaped discs.

Why don't you people just buy it based on the flight descriptions of others instead of nitpicking about the mold components? If it flies well and feels fine, I don't really think it matters what kind of top it has.
:hfive::thmbup:
I just read the whole thread & this is exactly what I've been thinking.

You guys must have some serious money invested in these to be able to look at that picture of them side by side and not see two vulcan top Destroyers, i seriously can't believe someone can look at that and see two different shaped discs.

You're hilarious. Get over yourself.

Clearly its not a Vulcan top.

20 pages of bickering and arguing about subtle cooling variations. The Destroyer mold is prone to inconsistencies, there is no conspiracy here...ya'll are making a mountain out of a mole hole. The Wiggins Destroyers fly way differently and more OS that the "vulcan tops" from everything I've heard and somehow they are the same thing and people don't want them because of a subtle angle in the rim.

This place cracks me up.

I would like to publicly apologize to DannyThunders. The comments I made were insulting and uncalled for. I do disagree with you, but did not need to insult you as I did to show that.

No sweat, my job is calling companies to verify employment so i've heard plenty of things about myself from people who don't know me haha. The best Innova stamp i've seen on beautifully marbled discs for sure.