• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Will Discraft fill the OOP Avenger slot with a new disc soon?

Hammer1248

Or is that what the Vulture did?
I throw a Champ Starfire as my main driver (but it is on its last leg), and the closest thing I can find to that in discraft's lineup is the Vulture( Z plastic holds up better than champ). Im not to fond of anything over a 10 speed, the rim is too big, and it turns more than I want. Overall, 11 speed and up just feels wrong in my hand like I cant grip it well enough. Im probably gonna get another starfire as the vulture looks like it has more of a Viking flight path. But will Discraft fill that stable driver gap in its lineup? And why did they discontinue the Avenger?

you already answered your question - the vulture is definitely filling this slot now.

They probably discontinuted it for the same reason the did a lot of molds - retooling/reworking molds and releasing under a different name (ie tracker > undertaker)

Update:

Got a 174g Z Vulture and it flies allmost exactly like my favorite Starfire. I didnt know what I was talking about. Avenger was replaced by the Vulture.

Latest posts