• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter Disc Golf DOs and DON'Ts List for Huckin' on the Tundra!

I am a snowsports enthusiast so I have all the gear I need. I probably will not play much this winter because I love to snowboard way to much to miss it but I think I am going to try to play a round on my cross county ski's.

I'm expecting a trip report on this.
fm1.gif

Tips for SnoGolf:
Hand warmers.
Waterproof boots.
Play courses that shovel the tee pads.
Carry a stool for setting your bag on.
No white discs.

does anyone use a sled???

A bunch of seasoned winter players I know swear by a sled. I've never really tried it, I'm happy carrying my bag. I've seen a few sled tip-overs and it's not pretty. If your bag doesn't have a waterproof bottom, or you like to carry lots of beverages, or you just like to sled down the hills on your course, I would recommend a sled.

I have used a "sled" A.K.A snowmobile. At a freinds property in northern WI. We set up a temp course and used it like a golf cart and towed a plastic sled behind to carry our bags and beer. I was a blast. I found that if you go 70mph and whip a FH shot I can throw 600' lol.

I have used a "sled" A.K.A snowmobile. At a freinds property in northern WI. We set up a temp course and used it like a golf cart and towed a plastic sled behind to carry our bags and beer. I was a blast. I found that if you go 70mph and whip a FH shot I can throw 600' lol.

HAHAHA this is awesome!

I've used buzzzs as sleds. They were the widest discs in my bag at the time. Worked out pretty well, and you could feel EVERY bump there was. Needless to say I won't be doing it again. Last year at the St. Paul icebowl I saw someone using a toboggan to pull around a BIG cooler of beer.

Over here we would have to move a course to the snow, cause the snow aint coming to any course I know off! Closest would be the Australian Open COurse in Tasmania, apparantly as an outer lying suburb of Hobart, it gets snow once every decade or so.

Sigh.....you guys are making me jealous whilst Im heading into my first true summer of playing! Last summer all of our courses here got wiped out by the floods, heres hoping to avoid that.

I'm looking for some serious slip prevention for those iced up tee boxes. Anyone have an experience with these bad boys? My current boots are pretty terrible on ice, but they're waterproof and provide plenty of ankle support.

I know that this is from the first page but I just wanted to chime in and say that boot spikes are probably not the best idea. YakTracks aren't great either but they are better for the tee-pad, and more importantly, they are better for you as a human being.

If you are attempting a run up and something goes wrong, (or if you are a little drunk), it can become very easy to stab your other leg with those spikes. Most manufacturers of those products recommend wearing a protective layer over the entire bottom of your leg to prevent this from happening. Not worth it.

Latest posts