• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter workouts

In the strength, fitness, and training thread I went into kinda what my theory is... I figure I'll post my current workout for these past wintry weeks here... Keeping in mind that with many of these I'll be moving to a more difficult exercise in the progression two weeks from tomorrow.

Any time it says CARDIO - assume 20-40 minutes of running, in the rolling terrain of the mountains here at 5000 feet. Some runs seeing a starting drop of 300 feet in elevation and a finishing mile climbing 300 feet. Kinda sucks, I'd rather be down around 3000. Anything above that the bonus to cardio training that you get is countered by the fact that you're not able to get up to speed to truly work your legs like you should be able to.

MONDAY
Uneven Pullups - 3x10, each arm - following a warmup of 10 overhand, and 10 underhand pullups.
Uneven Squats - 3x20, each leg - following a warmup of 20 squats, and 20 close squats.
Cardio

TUESDAY
Uneven Pushups - 3x20, each arm - following a warmup of 20 pushups, and 20 diamond pushups.
Flat Bent Leg Raises - 3x30 - following a warmup of 2x35 flat knee raises.

WEDNESDAY
Angled Bridges - 3x30 - following a warmup of 40 straight bridges, and 50 short bridges.
Wall handstands - 3x2 minutes - following a warmup of 2x1 minute crow stands.
Cardio

THURSDAY
Uneven Pullups - 3x10, each arm - following a warmup of 10 overhand, and 10 underhand pullups.
Uneven Squats - 3x20, each leg - following a warmup of 20 squats, and 20 close squats.

FRIDAY
Uneven Pushups - 3x20, each arm - following a warmup of 20 pushups, and 20 diamond pushups.
Flat Bent Leg Raises - 3x30 - following a warmup of 2x35 flat knee raises.
Cardio

SATURDAY
Angled Bridges - 3x30 - following a warmup of 40 straight bridges, and 50 short bridges.
Wall handstands - 3x2 minutes - following a warmup of 2x1 minute crow stands.
Cardio

SUNDAY
Cardio, otherwise rest.

I also add forearm/grip work as necessary. Depends entirely on what sort of time I have in the day. I tend to do my entire workout when I am on lunch at work, and grab a quick bite as I finish up and head back up to the job. Oblique work will be easier when it gets warmer because I'm focusing on a human flag progression - and grabbing a metal pole is damn hard when its sub-freezing outside. :)

Latest posts