• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

winters Coming whats coming out of your bag ?

A note to those that will be carrying coffee, tea, hot chocolate, hot apple cider, and other hot drinks spiked and not:

The Nissan Thermos JMW500 16 oz. Backpacker is what you want for Christmas (or sooner). It's pretty bomb-proof, will keep stuff piping hot all day (and sometimes into tomorrow if you pre-heat it), the pop-top sipper lid works perfectly, and it always seems to fit into whatever space I have left in the bag.

I don't take anything out of the bag. Just watch really well where I throw my magic pro destroyer.

Our winter league is played in a short tight woods course so I'll drop my 6 Force's, my rare Jumbo Z wasp, My Proto Z Stalker cause I split to many Z plastic discs in half last winter, and when it gets really cold I will change out the Challengers for soft Magnets.

Jaysus said:
I have recently been debating the benefits of having both a Drone and a Pig in my bag - the Pig is white, so I think that I will take that out of the bag as well and see how it goes. Previously I had assumed that the Drone would be the one to go.

UPDATE: I only made it one round without the Pig in my bag. Looks like I will drop the Drone and give that a shot.... (I'll more likely wind up replacing the it with a sweet 180 Llama-stamped swirly Roc though.)

I should have taken my own advice. Farewell sweetly beat in 1st run Glow Comet :| :cry: :cry:

SU1HMDAwNzUtMjAwOTExMTYtMDkwNC5qcGc.jpg

Once the snow has hit...

Out goes:
All my normal discs.
Nalgene Water Bottle

In goes:
Flask of Glenlivet's.
Whatever discs I throw in the bag that day to go play.
1 Predator or Firebird
1 Pro Starfire
1 Champ Monarch
2 XL's
2-3 Buzzz's or Roc's
2 Soft Putters(Challengers or Wizards)

My bag will remain the same cause where I live we have year round golf!

Muahahahahahahahahaha :twisted:

MDR_3000 said:
I usually replace all my discs with bowling balls. This year will be no different.

Man...playing 18 holes witha bag full of bowling balls doesn't sound like much fun. Probably a hell of a workout though. :lol:

BLURR said:
MDR_3000 said:
I usually replace all my discs with bowling balls. This year will be no different.

Man...playing 18 holes witha bag full of bowling balls doesn't sound like much fun. Probably a hell of a workout though. :lol:

yeah, at least they're easy to find in the snow.

I don't take anything out. I've heard stories of cracking discs but when I first started it was winter and I (obviously) hit my fair share of trees with my DX roc and it never blew up :? *Knocks on wood*

I don't really play if its snowing heavily though so winter is no different than summer for me, other than amount of clothing and bitching. :lol:

im gonna play this winter and i think the only thing thats gonna come out is a few Champion Discs....when its cold it is just too hard to get a consistant grip on some of em. (for me)

11x firebirds will always stay in though. :wink:

So I decided to ignore the fact that many others here pull their DX Rocs for the winter thinking that I'd be fine. Well, just yesterday I SHATTERED my beat one on a tree about 60' off the tee pad on a tightly wooded course. I've seen them on courses before but this was my first broken disc. Needless to say I'm devastated, especially considering how long it took to get that Roc to where it was at. I have a white 12x KC Pro that is just about as beat as that one was but it's already out due to its color. So - I'm going back to premium plastic Buzzzes (one Z and one FLX) for the remainder of the winter. Remembering how my Buzzzes did NOT like to fly anny lines the way I'd like them to I'm also putting one Z and one X Comet in the bag as well. I threw these two Comets outside down the neighborhood street a few times last night (no pavement - it's covered in snow :D ) and I think I like them. I had a couple EFFORTLESS standstill throws with the X that probably glided out to about 280 - 300'. I think I'm gonna like the Comets. :)

inthedrift said:
So I decided to ignore the fact that many others here pull their DX Rocs for the winter thinking that I'd be fine. Well, just yesterday I SHATTERED my beat one on a tree about 60' off the tee pad on a tightly wooded course. I've seen them on courses before but this was my first broken disc. Needless to say I'm devastated, especially considering how long it took to get that Roc to where it was at.

did you at least save the pieces..... i would put them back together and frame it with i sign that says "I THROW THIS HARD" :lol:

Jsw said:
I don't take anything out. I've heard stories of cracking discs but when I first started it was winter and I (obviously) hit my fair share of trees with my DX roc and it never blew up :? *Knocks on wood*

I don't really play if its snowing heavily though so winter is no different than summer for me, other than amount of clothing and bitching. :lol:

Its not the newer discs you have to worry about. Its the discs that already have been hit over and over and has micro cracks in it from the abuse. Over time the disc loses flexibility and really cold weather makes the plastic much more brittle... then it just acts like hard taffy when you smack it... :(