• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wobble upon release?

x1124x

Took some slow motion videos of some of my drives to see if I could notice anything glaring. What I did notice was the every throw of every disc has a noticeable wobble as a I release. Is this from my grip? Too loose? Too tight? Throwing too hard?

Any and All help appreciated!!!

Would normally be caused by the disc being on a different plane than the swing.

Could be some or all of a number of issues like grip (almost always) arm angles (often) spine alignment that affects shoulder angles and/or your overall body motion.

I would say post the video here and let the guru's break it down and help with the improvement process.

Took some slow motion videos of some of my drives to see if I could notice anything glaring. What I did notice was the every throw of every disc has a noticeable wobble as a I release. Is this from my grip? Too loose? Too tight? Throwing too hard?

Any and All help appreciated!!!

Forehand or backhand? Does it just wobble slightly at release and then straighten out to flat?

Thanks. I'll post a vid shortly.

Wobbles upon release but seems to correct mid-flight.

1. Your x-step is backwards and plant into open stance.

2. You have almost no reachback partly due to #1.
See Door Frame Drills: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119328

3. Your front elbow is down by your hip/body, upper arm is vertical. You need to get your elbow up and out, so your upper arm is more horizontal with the lower arm/disc on the same plane. Swing your arm/disc across the top of a table just below your shoulders, your elbow should not drop and hit the table.

See Snap 2009 diagram/thread/vids:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13291

Awesome!! Thanks for the feedback! I will go thru the links and report back. Thanks again!!

What kind of disc are you throwing? I have been playing for 4 months and just recently broke the 300' barrier with my drives. The 2 biggest pieces of advice that helped me is learn how to throw your putters and midranges. Learn how to hyzer flip your putters then learn how to throw them flat with out them diving right. I looked just like you when I first started. You are trying to hard slow is smooth and smooth is far! Trust me that single statement helped my game immensely. I was throwing sky high noob hyzers with every disc I threw. I was practically sprinting through my run up. When I slowed down and focused on learning how to throw my putters and mid ranges everything started to click.

Try standstill and one step throws with your mids and putters. Once you get your putters to fly super straight and far on a hyzer flip then you can try to throw the drivers. I stick with 9 speeds, sidewinder and Valkyrie. But learning to throw my pure retro line putter, my wizard putter, and my aviar is what really helped my game and it made the game a lot funner for me too. Good luck

Latest posts