• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] World with less speed. Just Trilogy

Adampowzki

I currently throw World as my main driver. I have a quite US one that I use for max distance. I throw it at 7-8 o`clock and it flips flat and fades perfectly. I do not really have the arm for a speed 14 disc and would like to try something slower and perhaps less stable out of the box.
Please stick to trilogy molds. I am a member of Team Trilogy and throw a 100 % Trilogy bag
Thanks in advance :)

Check out a sword. Very long flying and max vs little lighter as well as slight dome vs flat give you some unique flights. Swords are one of the first discs I remember being able to ACCURATELY throw 350+' shots that didn't need a huge helix flight. The rim is comfortable almost doesn't feel like a 12 speed-- Holds up to winds well also while not being too overstable. Flies pretty true to the rating and how you release it in my experience.

Havoc? I haven't thrown a fresh one but the couple of used ones I've thrown were pretty flippy and seemed like they'd be real long if I figured them out consistently.

The Sword I threw (only a couple times) felt straighter and easier to use than the Havocs I tried, but also not very OS.

I have 4 Trespasses in my bag.

• 158g Lucid Air Trespass - flies straight 350 feet when released flat with no fade - holds the line its released on
  • 165g Moonshine Trespass - released at 8 o'clock will flip to flat but fade reliably around 300 feet out - also my primary sidearm disc
  • 169g Lucid Trespass - hyzerflip or turnover, my max distance disc that I can hit 380 feet with - not super flippy and easy for me to control
  • 172g Lucid Trespass - slight turn when thrown in a harsh headwind - easier for me to make use of than the enforcer in the same headwind

The Trespass has been a great disc for my slower arm.

Personally I would also suggest the Trespass. The Sword should be pretty similar so it's more of a feel/brand thing. Though the Sword has had much bigger deviation in molding so it requires a bit more expertise to find similar ones.

If you want something even easier, I'd give the Renegade a go. Boatman is definitely more OS than what you are looking for.

Try a frost havoc, most OS Havoc I've thrown, (~450 power for reference) If that's too fast then try a frost bolt, these are both US molds though as I think you are looking to replace the US world in your bag right for max D? Or are you just looking for a max D driver with a smaller rim? If that's what you want then trespass, flow, Northman, renegade are your options.

I think I´ll try a sword. Sounds like straight with small fade out of the box right? Havoc and Bolt is to US. I have a trespass I really like but I need a good release every time for it to go the way I want to

Full power on the sword for me gets a very light turn, and a small but reliable fade. Had my longest throw ever with it a couple days ago-466 ft low and straight

TP Northman. 169-172g
Easy, Glidey Understable distance. I dropped the fast stuff for a little while now and capped myself at speed 10. I have been recently getting some of my best / longest drives with a Northman instead of using my old Havocs, Trespass or Tern.

Trespass or Sword - sort of like destroyers in the throwable, max distance for mortals stability range.

those would be my recommendations.

Last edited:
Escape, maybe? I haven't thrown them much, but I've seen them throw a bit, and they seem to fly about like a short World. (If you want to go slower than a Trespass, which I'd say is an excellent answer.)

Ummm, I guess I don't know how this team trilogy thing works, but wouldn't it be better to ask them or your "teammates"? Or is this kinda like a team edward and team jacob where your just a fan and therefore on the "team"?

Full power on the sword for me gets a very light turn, and a small but reliable fade. Had my longest throw ever with it a couple days ago-466 ft low and straight

You must have a nice distance device to narrow that throw down to 466.