• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Would you want a Overmolded Lid-like disc?

Would you want a Overmolded Lid-like disc?

• Total voters

Aim For The Chains

FROLF OFF!
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Curious what DGCR thinks.. Personally, I would love a gyro-happy lid and from my barbarian Frisbee experimenting it adds some good overall stability to understable lids. You down for a fastback style disc with an overmold for playing catch, dog training etc...?!

Doubt it happens but seems fun, hell they could gyro-ize the ultimate industry :D Look out DC. . .

Nope. I don't use lids, and never will. (Although I did test out some Rattlers, and they were cool, I didn't bag that mold)

IMO, there are other mold designs they should pursue before lids.

Nope. I don't use lids, and never will. (Although I did test out some Rattlers, and they were cool, I didn't bag that mold)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#SONIC4LIFE

I would absolutely love one. Anything that helps brings more molds for the finesse game to the market.

I would say that 90% of the people on the course could benefit from learning some finesse. Here's one of them below.

Wonderful absolute. :\

i said no, because i dont typically use lid type discs
however i do love a zephyr round once in a while, they are always in the car

yeah from discraft. its about time discraft joined the overmold game. i bet they could out do innovas and whatever that brand that starts with a n is...or was it an m? cant remember. all i do is this could be discrafts new biggest seller and would really project the company forward.

rattler overmold? dammmm

I voted yes but I don't know if I would want a fastback, Rings of Hedrick style a la the Sonic. I'd much prefer something like a Polecat or Rattler. Even something like the Claws would be awesome. It has "Rings of Hedrick" without the fastback style. Something in the Claws/Talon/Lockjaw stability would be siiiiiiccckkk

Agreed. Fun to throw but there are a lot more slots I want to see filled first.
Following the new US putter:
-Speed 10 stable distance driver
-MVP Teebird (I can always dream)
-highly OS P&A
-full release soft N Ion/Anode

Then a lid for all the folks craving one ;)

we already got the nova :)
but the more the better, never know it might be good.

I would definitely buy one. I'm not sure lids are gyro-compatible, though.

Isn't the Nova close, though?

Nova is not true gyro tech like MVP would do. if anything its anti-gryo lol.

Take a sonic and put some dimes/washers etc around the outside while taping them on with some electrical tape. Your results will be very surprising. My flippy lid fastback from the dentist office went from a turning machine to a straight lazer and handled some actual power.

Ken Climo bags a sonic for those of you sleeping on lids. :D

The reason I say that shape as a think a overmolded polecat style disc would be too stable as the current runs already are very gyro happy and straight flying. You cant get much more gyroscopic than a polecat already when it comes to conventional golf discs outside of MVP.

I would definitely buy one. I'm not sure lids are gyro-compatible, though.

Isn't the Nova close, though?

Not gyro compatible? Do they not have a rim? Do they not spin?

The Nova flies very neutral, but it's still a beveled-edged mold.

Wonderful absolute. :\

You might be right. Let's just say that I doubt I'd bag one. With a disc like the Proxy (or even the Anode), especially in a variety of plastics, I'd have no use for a lid.

It's a safe bet that with all of you begging for a lid, that MVP / Axiom will produce one. I may end up eating my own words.

You might be right. Let's just say that I doubt I'd bag one. With a disc like the Proxy (or even the Anode), especially in a variety of plastics, I'd have no use for a lid.

It's a safe bet that with all of you begging for a lid, that MVP / Axiom will produce one. I may end up eating my own words.

right behind when they release baseline plastic?

lolz

I'll start taking them seriously when they make baseline plastic. And I bet you most of these discs will become amazing when baseline plastic is used.

Disc golf as a fashion statement! :wall: