• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wrist Motion

genefish

Hello everyone...new to disc golf and this forum.

I've been pouring through here and youtube videos...but still unclear on this...

when throwing a BackHand for distance is the wrist snapping at all to put a little spin on the disc? I understand most of the spin comes from proper follow through and technique..but is there any wrist action at all?

thank you!

- Gene

Hello everyone...new to disc golf and this forum.

I've been pouring through here and youtube videos...but still unclear on this...

when throwing a BackHand for distance is the wrist snapping at all to put a little spin on the disc? I understand most of the spin comes from proper follow through and technique..but is there any wrist action at all?

thank you!

- Gene

Welcome!

The wrist motion on a backhand is a natural occurrence more than an intentional action. A whip is loose and floppy, and your wrist should also be loose. As the hips and shoulders rotate and the forearm is extended from the body, the wrist will 'whip out' and the disc will be forced out of your hand.

Last edited:

Latest posts