• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

WV & VA? Nov 10 - 12

Sent a PM. Probably can't make Paw Paw on Sunday. I remember Chris mentioning to me that Fall is one of the best times to play Linbrook, but this year may be weird because of so much rain.

Weather forecast looks great for the weekend - sunny and mid-upper 40s, maybe breezy and cooler on Saturday. Are you still looking to play Clark's Run and Patapsco on Saturday? When you get an idea of your schedule let's figure out where and when to meet up.

I played Clark's Run on Sunday and I am happy to report that the course is looking beautiful and the club has replaced a few of the bridges that washed out. This will make multiple creek crossings much easier.

One other thought - if you want to play Woodsboro on the way from Clark's Run to Patapsco it adds about 20 minutes to the drive. From the short tees Woodsboro is a quick but hilly spin (course is in the woods on the side of a sledding hill).

Woodsboro Disc Golf Course (clicky)

^Clark's looks so nice right now. Had my breakfast at the hole 2 tee pad this morning just staring at the leaves across the pond...needless to say I was quite unmotivated to leave there for this place called work.

Are you still looking to play Clark's Run and Patapsco on Saturday? When you get an idea of your schedule let's figure out where and when to meet up.

Yes. Plan is:

Sat: Clark's Run & Ptap...then meet with SW for a glow round.

Sun: Woodshed & Whipping Post

Mon: Orange Crush & Seth Burton

Not sure if I'll have daylight to play a 3rd round other than glow. Also don't want to knock myself out for the next day.

Genuinely sorry my reroute means I'll miss
armiller.

Sounds great Bogey! (other than missing armiller).

If you want to stop for lunch there is very good BBQ at Vanish Farmwoods Brewery, less than 10 minutes from Clark's Run. Vanish opens at 11:00 AM and also offers burgers, pizza, nachos, meal-sized pretzels, and ice cream.

If pressed for time there are lots of fast food or carryout options on the way to Patapsco. Or I can just pack a lunch, whichever you prefer.

Sat: meeting up with Monocacy for Clark's Run & Patapsco (Swatso is a possibale for Ptap)... then SW22 for a glow round.

Sun - Paw Paw, WV: looking for some company! Hoping Jimb can meet up with me, but he hasn't confirmed yet. Can anyone else make this?

Mon - Fairmont, WV: Anyone available to meet for Seth Burton and/or Orange Crush?

I would love to play Paw Paw but it will be a late decision. Spousal unit returns from a week-long work trip Friday so I want to evaluate before disappearing all weekend . . .

Looks like a killer trip. I'm jealous. WV has some great golf. Sunday and Monday are two complexes that have produced some great disc golf memories.

Got Sat pretty much figured out.

Jimb is meeting me Sun, 10Am at Woodshed. :thmbup: :)

Would be great if someone can meet me for Crush/Burton... but if not, I'll still enjoy them.

Sunday and Monday are two complexes that have produced some great disc golf memories.

That's what I'm thinking...epic rollaways are better when you have witnesses. My rollaway at Johnson Park was that much more memorable because The Shide and Valkyrie
Kid were laughingly able to share my misery.

Last edited:
Got Sat pretty much figured out.

Jimb is meeting me Sun, 10Am at Woodshed. :thmbup: :)

Would be great if someone can meet me for Crush/Burton... but if not, I'll still enjoy them.

There's a 10% chance I can come out for part of your day in Fairmont. I'll be in touch if the stars align. I'd still love to trade my hot-off-the-press travel tag.

I just drove through Paw Paw last weekend and it was beautiful. If there are still some leaves on the trees you could be in for a treat.

Be safe out at Clark's tomorrow y'all. I walked out there today just to do a quick bridge check and hillsides are seriously slippery from the rain this week. Hope you enjoy the wonderful course though (we are quite proud of it)

Because of last night's rain, the creek was probably higher than normal at Clark's, but no real issues. Wonderful piece of property, with plenty appeal and some really nice elevation. Well conceived, challenging holes that require good placement. Some tight fairways, but nothing plinko-like. Challenging, but quite fair. Hit your lines and you'll score well. Miss fairways or get bad kicks, and strokes start to pile up.

Really enjoyed playing with Monocacy there and and Woodboro. Beautiful day, but good God it was windy as hell!

Also had a blast playing glow with SW and Matt at Creeping Creek!

It was great to play with BogeyNoMore, despite lots of silly throws with my 150-class drivers in the wind (per NWS averaged 13 mph with winds to 32 mph and gusts to 41 mph).

Supposed to be much nicer Sunday so have fun at Paw Paw. Sorry I won't be able to make it out there but I hope to take the dog and play Patapsco Valley in your honor. :D

Because of last night's rain, the creek was probably higher than normal at Clark's, but no real issues. Wonderful piece of property, with plenty appeal and some really nice elevation. Well conceived, challenging holes that require good placement. Some tight fairways, but nothing plinko-like. Challenging, but quite fair. Hit your lines and you'll score well. Miss fairways or get bad kicks, and strokes start to pile up.

Really enjoyed playing with Monocacy there and and Woodboro. Beautiful day, but good God it was windy as hell!

Also had a blast playing glow with SW and Matt at Creeping Creek!

Glad you enjoyed Clark's Run. I was privileged enough to work on it and the LOCO club has done a fantastic job of bringing the whole thing to fruition.

Taking a lunch break after playing Seth Burton (short tees to long/yellow baskets).

Armiller was able to join me for holes 7-18. Got to witness him Ace #12! :hfive:

I played pretty well for the most part, except for an awful shot that turned over so far off line, it was truly spectacular. Feel incredibly lucky to still have the disc. Ended up just taking the penalty stroke and retain from the previous lie, because trying to play from the found disc would have been impossibly stupid. Carded 7 on that hole.

Heading out for Crush after lunch.

Enjoy Orange Crush, that's a fun course. And congrats to armiller for the ace!

I played Patapsco Valley long to long on Sunday. I was not unhappy with shooting a 77. Hope you make it out there one of these days.

Got Crushed.. helluva course with quite a few spectacular holes that are beyond my skill level.

With the marked contrast between Seth Burton and Orange Crush, plus dual tee/dual pins on both courses, Morris Park makes an excellent DG destination.

Really had a fun trip: 7 courses (4 of which I'd say are 4.0 or better), and 4 DGCR members played with.

Thanks to: Bruce, Andy & Matt, Jim, and Andy for your splendid company, and laughing with me as my discs misbehaved.

That said I did have some memorable shots:
Skipped off the water on Whipping Post #19.
My first black field Ace (birdied one of the short short baskets on Orange Crush... only problem is I was playing to the long basket).
And I'll never forget my turnover gone horribly wrong. :eek:

If any of you guys visit Michigan, gimme a shout!
:hfive:

Last edited:
Glad I got to throw with you, bogeynomore! I hope we get to do it again some time!

Just to make sure the record is right, the ace was #9, a shortie but a goodie. Zone backhand on a steep downhill, chains! I thought I saw it hit the ground through the bushes, but it just did a bounce in the cage. Second ace for me. Hole #12 was Bogeynomore's comically disastrous shot, which put him well down a hill and behind several million trees. The rethrow was definitely the right decision. Acing that >600' hole is in my dreams, but I couldn't hit that shot even on the internet...

Good times! I am so glad that Paw Paw got switched to Sunday, without the wind from Saturday!

The water skip on the final hole of the day was sweet!

Home at last. And yeah, my shot on 12 was every bit as bad as your Ace was good! Couldn't believe the turn and gliiiiiiiiide that shot exhibited. It just kept going...

... to the right. :eek:
Honestly expected to never see that disc again.

Latest posts