• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You HAVE to throw a wet disc, which plastic?

Kastaplast K3 is great in raining conditions.
Try a K3 Reko and K3 Kaxe.

This!
K3 Reko and K3 Kaxe are also my most accurate discs to throw when making upshots (wet AND dry) ;)
The K3 Reko is my main putter now.

BT Soft is my go to, and Fluid/Elasto is okay as well. Any Vibram is also good, but I haven't clicked with any of their molds that well.

Old DX was okay, but the new stuff isn't great. The Waxy ones feel slick in the wet.

Vibram disc are probably the best here, but I don't care for a of their molds. Most of the soft plastics do well as they tend to be grippy (r-pro, bt soft, classic sot, sss, others like that). Of the premiums, I like the champion type plastic the best (opto/lucid/vip, z, etc)

DGA Signature Line--Blowfly, Blowfly II, for me, but there are also the two Gumbputt discs.
After that, R-Pro.
These two blends continue to prove to me that they grab chains better than any other plastic that I use and I always have something in one or both in my bag, so it isn't like I would have to make any changes because it is wet.

Interesting that a lot are telling you which DISC to throw -- something we know is a personal preference. To answer the OP, I think that grip is the single most important thing to be concerned about in the rain. I prefer premium plastic in rain, but I've found the flexible plastic is the most " grippable" for me. Therefore my first choice is the snow/lava line from Lat64/Dynamic Discs, followed closely by the frost/fluid/elasto line.

Latest posts