• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Improvements this year, what will you work on this year

This is easier said than done:

I need to make more putts from 20' and out. I'd love for the circle to be my comfort zone.
Sidearm consistency and accuracy. I can throw it 300', but I need it to be more reliable.
Trust in my discs and shots. Usually when I make a mistake off the tee its because I try too hard to force the disc. When I trust it the flight is typically way better. More trust in myself and my shots is key.

I am putting more often than playing. I am tired of counting how many strokes I lost inside the circle and counting how many places I could move up if I only made half the ones I missed.

The biggest killer of a round. And possibly the difference between first and runner up.

Biggest thing I'm gonna try to work on this year is my form and focus. Working on those as my main focus point I believe will help improve alot of the other stuff I could use some work on. And as always will be working on putting.

Every year I say I'm going to work on my backhand. Last year I did for a minute, but then I perfected (sometimes:eek:) my forehanny (forehand anhyzer) & found that I often didn't need to throw backhand.

Last year I worked on a thumber & a roller. They both still need work.

Putting could always be improved. Distance... blah, blah, blah.

What I really need to work on is my performance in tournaments. Too many tournaments have slipped through my grasp for one reason or another.

I plan on improving my OAT and 3 putting. To many annoying pars last year.

I finally signed up for the PDGA and am going to play a few tournaments this year. My goal is to work on slowing everything down and thinking each shot out. Most of my bad shots are when I just get up to my lie and throw without much of reason. Also, I need to get a little more consistent as a putter and with FH approaches.

Two things:
1) Be much more consistent with putting (if that doesn't last all year, then the next thing is 100'-170' upshots)

2) Enjoying the game as a fun thing to do and a great way to get outside and being less consumed with getting better as a mentality. I still want to improve, but I want enjoying the game to be the number one reason I play, not getting better.

Build confidence with putting
Work on clean release, especially with mids
Continue upping max distance
Work on forehand

Joining the PDGA, playing tournaments (my first is on the 22nd and it's doubles), bettering my form and maybe rollers (I just picked up an extra flippy Pro Katana off eBay).

The biggest things for me was my putting on the circles edge and FH shots. I firmly believe that I have the putting getting there. I needed a change of putters, from challenger to ringer, but I feel more confidant. The driving is coming along I'm just not set on max distance shots yet.

Forehand technique, driving and intermediate range. I would like to increase my percentages putting on and beyond the circles edge, too. Here's to a great season guys and gals:hfive:

Being in the 50+ crowd I was happy to maintain my distance last year. This year looks good already. Like every year I aim to improve my abysmal putting. For the first time in a very long time I am going to switch putters and practice more.

I really want to work on shorter mid range shots...the ones that are just out of putter/approach style range, but not full on laser throws. I think that is a very overlooked area of the game. That second shot (not necessarily approach) but a 150 ft shot precision.

Also, putting 40ft and in. I'd like to be more consistent. It hurts to get a great throw on a hole and blow it with a missed putt...especially when it turns into a 3 putt...so sad...sad panda

I am happy with my putter/mid approach game for the most part.

Had a recent revelation in my putting and am seeing improvements already. There is still plenty of work to be done there.

Drives are in better shape than putting. I would love to see 450 as a consistent and comfortable distance. It's much closer to 400 right now. Also, I want to get more comfortable driving putters and learning the correct lines to control those off the tee.

Most of the courses I throw are short-medium distances , narrow, and slightly dogleg right. Midrange turnovers or flicks combined with putting is what I'll work on this year.

Also, I need to work on the mental game, consistency and slowing down when taking my shot. I tend to grip lock, hold on to the disc longer when I try to speed up to get to the next hole.

Latest posts