• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Your Putter Evolution

Started with dx challengers then switched to magnets because I was floating them in softly. didnt like the feel or soft plastic so I decided to try wizards. got two somewhat beat ss wizards and loved the plastic much more than the challengers/magnets and I learned to putt with more speed and spin. they worked well but I decided to try zh pures because I like the feel and plastic and I wanted to see how a straighter faster putter did affected my putting and it just clicked for me I really like them.

I am settled with the Pa4 and Pa1. I use Putt'r and Focus as practice putters (like a substitute pa4 pa1) only because they can get beat up in the back alley area where i practice and I dont want to scuff to shizz my good putters. Though i KNOW practice as you play....but...its decent enough.

Love Pa's I have 2 of each, 2 SE 2 400 :)

Really, there are SO many good putters out there...it's whatever feels good in your hand, and whatever you mentally feel confident with. For me...it's the Pa4 mainly....but the Pa1 is growing on me, especially for approaches and longer putts.

hmmmm...I wonder if I will get this right.

SM Aviar (first 5 years) > Rancho Aviar > Titanic > KC Aviar > Wizard > Rancho Aviar > Rhyno > Challenger > Magic > Pure > SM Aviar > Clutch > Warlock > JK AViar > Yeti > Wizard > Warden

I may finally be done with all this I'm not happy with my putter BS. Loved my original SM Aviar, but once it reached the super beat stage I couldn't consistently putt with it. By then finding an aviar in the same DX plastic I had was essentially impossible (I tried). So ever since I been trying to find one that gives me that confidence vibe. Been waiting for Lat64 to make a putter that feels like a small bead, I putted awesome with the Pure except I couldnt lock it into my hand because of the lack of a bead. The Warden is awesome and I am super excited to putt with it this year.

wizard>nova>anode>rhyno>p2>aviar>polecat
Took me a little while but i am settled in on my putting putter. The SSS wizard is it for me. For driving and upshots OS warlock, like the feel of no bead better for this, US magic. The last two are only for drives/upshots. The wizard is only for putting.

Last edited: