• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fluke's bag

F.Luke

Double Eagle Member
Obligatorily yours:

Putters: 2001 CE omega, champ glomega, qmega, sirius 1.2, star aviar driver (pfn)

Mids: 10x (8x mold) roc, z buzzz, champ roc3, champ roc3

Fairway: champ teebird, 168 champ thunderbird, 171 champ thunderbird, champ firebird, champ firebird

Distance: star wraith, star destroyer 171

Roller: champ glo valkyrie (weight unknown)

*All weights max unless noted

Are you looking for feedback? If so, posting distances and use of disc would help, also throwing style. Do the 10x roc and Valkyrie cover all your US duties? Do you double up on thunderbirds and firebirds for a reason? Are they backups? Not trying to be an @ss, be if you are looking for feedback, clearly defining what you have will help.

Ilmcgee here it is in proper format for you:

Vitals:
Years playing/experience:*19+ 15 of them playing seriously
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous:*Lefty
Throwing Style:*backhand, forehand, tommahawk, thumber, fh & bh rollers, grenades, thumb & thumber rollers (did I miss any?)
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver:*Omega: 200/325'; Roc: 280/375' Teebird: 315/400'; Wraith: 375/500'
Sex:*M
Injuries/handicaps?: N/A
Other sport proficiencies?:*Ultimate and former soccer player
Additional Information:*
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?:*I shred courses with this set up/Wish I had room for a new tbird, firebird & wraith
Specific areas of desired feedback:*I want oohs and ahhs, general pats on the back and assorted adulation
Immediate and long-term goals:*short term: play more tourneys; long term: win more tourneys
Bag: Revolution Carolina
Drivers:
171 Star Destroyer (almost new) - Headwind and hyzer distance and forehands
175 Star Wraith, (well seasoned) - hyzer-flip distance, anhyzer and anny flex, max d crushes
175 Champion Firebird (seasoned) - forehand and backhand hyzers and anhyzer flex
175 Champion Firebird(dyed seasoned) - overhands, forehands, fh rollers (the disc is a terrible color. I'm trying to destroy it. Replaced a CE FL I carried for 14 years)
171 Champion Thunderbird (seasoned) - backhand and forehand straight to fade and flex shots
168 Champion Thunderbird (well seasoned) - backhand and forehand hyzer flips and annys, forehand touch and spike approaches
175 Champion tbird (seasoned) - backhand hyzers, straight shots, annys, flex, etc.
Mids:
180 Champion Roc3 (newish) - overstable roc duties
180 Champion Roc3 (seasoned) - main mid: hyzers, hyzer flips and anny
178+ Z Buzzz (seasoned) - hyzer flips and annys (and places where I don't want to damage the 10x roc)
180 KC Pro 10x Roc (well seasoned) - hyzer flips and anny
Putters:
175 Star Aviar Driver (seasoned) - overstable driving putter
175 Sirius Omega 1.2 (seasoning) - overstable driving and approaching putter
175 Champion glow omega/aviar: san marino 2ring (seasoned) - approach and putting putter
175 2001CE omega (beat) - decoration

;)

you finally take that old seasoned ce roc out of the bag? Was a pleasure watching you carve lines with that bad boy!

That looks nice. You clearly know how to build a bag.

Ian, the 01 Roc is still around. Too many rocks on my home course to risk damage so she's on sabbatical. Besides, there's lots of covetous people around, lol.

Hellbound, I'm still trying to place you... When my brother got his DD ranger he passed on the revo to me. Then I stepped up from the 11 I used to carry. Those were: 175 wraith (same one), 175 champ fbird (new), 175 ce fbird (seasoned), 175 ce fl (beat), 175 champ tbird (new), 171 ce tbird (beat), 180 champ glo roc or champ roc3, 01 ce roc, 10x kc roc (beat, same one), 01 ce omega, and sirius omega.

I didn't throw a thunderbird til 6 months ago but I fell in love. If I could only have 1 driver, that would be it. I still love my tbirds (don't want them to get jealous) but the thunderbird is so versatile.

:thmbup: .. Yeah at your arm speed the Thunderbird can be crazy versatile! Best mold Innova has released in many moons. But yeah glad to hear all is well buddy! Shaver has been getting lots of love lately and getting very nice crowds at league.. not like 6-7 years ago but its getting there.

Hellbound, I gotcha now! It's good to hear from you. Ian I'm glad Shaver's getting the love it deserves.

*!!!BAG UPDATE!!!*

"Terrible color" Firebird has been destroyed.
Ok, it was lost.
Hole 10 long, Saint Albans city park, Charleston, WV. If found please don't return.
In its place: 161 white CE "fx" firebird.

I lost it on my 8th hole of the first round of a 3 round, 3 course B tier. That round did not go well.
2nd round left 5 strokes on the course yet jumped cards from 10th to 6th.
3rd round started bogey, double. I gritted it out for some pars and then birdies (and bogeys) for what I thought was another lackluster round.
I ended up tied for fourth.

Perseverence pays off.

also: try not playing tournaments blind. Wicked wooded elevation is a very creul mix.

!!!bag update!!!

Lost the glow valkyrie on a roller gone awry. Heard someone holler "fore!" I took my eyes off the disc and it rolled into the thick grass, honeysuckle, briar and poison ivy thicket. The dog got bored searching and so did I. No contact info. Its a septuple stamp marked with "V" on the rim. Hole 9 long at signal view park tom's brook, va.

I need to acquire a new roller. I think I'm getting a champ leopard3 as I have no source for beatohell valks.:\

!!!Bag update!!!

Bought a 170 champ leopard, there were no 3's at the shop. I need to beat some more turn into it for consistent rolling. I threw it as second drive for most of 2 rounds today. It made some spectacular hyzer flips and annys. I might have to start bagging two, ha ha. A few more rounds and it should be at flip and keep flipping stage.

The leopard, despite my best efforts, is not seasoning as quickly as anticipated. Its hard when the disc just hits ridiculous lines and seemingly refuses to hit trees.

I was gifted a no-name 168 dx teebird (nearly new) today. Playing rockland park shorts. I drive hole 12 with it. She flips left and isn't going to fade. This isn't good for the hole but means I don't have to beat this into a roller. I know I'm gonna throw it on 14 (throwing a backhand on a sidearm hole) cause I'll probably hit a tree. I do. Tacoed the heck out of it. Perfect! Hole 16 is where I need the roller. I hit my line and she's fliptastic hits on edge just left of fairway but right on a tree. Upshot for a 3. There aren't gonna be many 2's but I'd still like to tease it.

Moral of the story: dx teebird, in the bag. Probably going to be a rotating cadre of them till the leopard:wall: is ready.

I really should update the whole shebang for my legions of fans and clearly curious commenters.

The leopard, despite my best efforts, is not seasoning as quickly as anticipated. Its hard when the disc just hits ridiculous lines and seemingly refuses to hit trees.

I really should update the whole shebang for my legions of fans and clearly curious commenters.

If that is the Champion Leopard you're discussing, then you're going to have a long, long wait for it to season in and become flippy.

When the earth's magnetic field flips over and your discs start flying unerringly towards trees, the Champion Leopard will continue to hold its flight lines. Because that's what Champion discs do.

So enjoy your Champ Leopard's flight lines for the next two years or so...

(P.S. if this is something other than Champion plastic... no worries, just keep playing...)

Yes, yes. I think I might just keep playing, lol!

I know my title is "newbie" but that simply refers to the forum.

I am discussing the champ leopard. Its the first I've thrown since 2001 or so, when all we had was CE plastic.:eek:
It is servicable for short backhand and cut rollers. It won't land the longer sky rollers, yet.
I should start aiming FOR trees with it.:p

!!! whole shebang update !!!

Updated for the legions of clamoring fans. Am I the only one who notices that these threads eventually become a monologue?

Vitals:
Years playing/experience:*20 16 of them playing seriously
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous:*Lefty
Throwing Style:*anything but a chicken wing!
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver:*Omega: 200/325'; Roc: 280/375' Teebird: 315/400'; Wraith: 375/500'
Sex:*M
Injuries/handicaps?: N/A
Other sport proficiencies?:*Ultimate and former soccer player
Additional Information:*
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?:*I have some redundancy but its for seasoning purposes and experimentation. I have a target setup in mind. I'll release that when the general uproar is enough.
Specific areas of desired feedback:*none, really. Just turning this into a diary of sorts.
Immediate and long-term goals:*keep playing good golf and getting the dog out. I want to win some C tiers up here. Oh yeah, I oughta renew my pdga membership.
Bag: Dynamic Discs Ranger
Drivers:
171 Star Destroyer (seasoning) - Headwind and hyzer distance and forehands
175 Star Wraith, (well seasoned) - hyzer-flip distance, anhyzer and anny flex, max d crushes
173 Champion Wraith (seasoned) - same use as the previous
175 Champion Firebird (seasoned) - forehand and backhand hyzers and anhyzer flex
175 Star Firebird (new) - same as the previous
16? CE Firebird FX (seasoned) - overhands, forehand rollers, escape/utility shots. Its coming out for the winter. 3 cracked last year.
171 Champion Thunderbird (seasoned) - backhand and forehand straight to fade and flex shots
168 Champion Thunderbird (well seasoned) - backhand and forehand hyzer flips and annys, forehand touch and spike approaches
175 Champion tbird (seasoned) - backhand hyzers, straight shots, annys, flex, etc.
168 DX teebird (seasoning) - Found no name nearly new now backhand roller.
??? VIP underworld (new) - Found no name new. Out of box backhand roller.
170 Champion Leopard (seasoning) - amazing do it all woods disc. Gonna make a roller one day..
Mids:
180 Swirly Star Roc3 (new) - overstable roc duties, for real this time
180 Champion Roc3 (seasoned) - main mid: hyzers, hyzer flips and anny
178+ Z Buzzz (seasoned) - I don't throw it much at all.
180 DX Roc 2004 Piedmont Random Doubles Tour stamp (well seasoned) - hyzer flips and anny
Putters:
175 Star Aviar Driver (seasoned) - overstable driving putter
175 Sirius Omega 1.2 (seasoned) - overstable driving and approaching putter
175 Champion glow omega/aviar: san marino 2ring (seasoned) - straight drives, approaches, jump putts
175 Quantum Sparkle Omega 1.3 (new) - putts

The DD bag is new to me so I've never been able to, nor felt the need to carry this much plastic. As I wrote earlier, I have a finished set up in mind. I have all the pieces but with the new bag and the novelty of room to expriment this is what I'm carrying at the moment.

Paw Paw Powwow

I'm registered. I'm playing. Getting in a practice round on both courses tomorrow, hopefully. I'll maybe cut the redundancies and expiriments out of the bag and get to the meat and potatoes setup. That'd be "lentils and kale setup" for my vegan fans.

So almost a year ago I rediscovered the Leopard. I need more.
Stock champ plastic: are they mostly fairly flat with minimal domes? Not poppy topped?

Did you know?
The champ leopard is an astounding forehand disc. Throw it clean, without wrist roll and it hyzers, lasers straight or anhyzers on command.

I ought to update my whole shebang again. I've been a site member over a year. Clamoring fans, bring the rumpus!

Last edited:
Lake Marshall took a star wraith and star destroyer from me. A shoulder injury in February has limited my forehand game. An ankle injury on September 5th has limited everything. I've lost at least 50 feet of distance but I am playing (and walking, albeit with a walking stick). I promise I'll update my "in the bag" soon. Winter's coming so some older plastic has to sit out.

I'd like to thank my fans for making this happen... I'm looking at you SethL :p

Latest posts