• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fluke's bag

I'm playing a new course tomorrow. Corduras township park. This also adds a new state to my played list. It's a putter only doubles ice bowl. Forecast says sunny and blustery, temp of 19, wind chill -5.
I miss South Carolina winters.

So 20 years into playing this game I have finally purchased a bag for myself. Mind you I have used great bags: first one I wove out of duct tape; it held a dx xd, a dx classic roc, a jls, and a dx birdie pre thumb track. Second was an Ultimate Torsopac which I eventually gerryrigged with quadshocks. I carried this setup from 1999 to 2014. The progression of discs through it is now lost to the ether though I know the final setup it carried. This was my most successful bag setup as far as tournament performance. I carried:
drivers:
175 Star wraith
175 Champion firebird, newish
175 CE firebird, used
175 CE FL, beat

fairways:
175 11x champion teebird, newish
171 CE teebird, well used

midrange:
180 champion glow roc 2006 usdgc gifted by Sarah Stanhope to replace the 2004 I'd lost.
180 CE roc 2001 usdgc, well used
180 KC roc 10x, beat

putters:
175 CE Omega, well used
175 CE Omega (eventually 1.1 Sirius) newish

The subsequent bags are all posted earlier in this thread. So now I own a Grip BX. It came in Thursday. I gotta say it is a well constructed bag. Tomorrow it's gonna have lots of Omegas and a Star aviar driver in it. Afterwards I will set it up for normal rounds and possibly give the full bag update I've been promising and that no one has been clamoring for.

Oh geez. You clearly did not understand my post before responding.

let me quote you so you know SOMEONE is talking to you. its a difficult concept..

"It's a putter only doubles ice bowl."

"The subsequent bags are all posted earlier in this thread."

"Tomorrow it's gonna have lots of Omegas and a Star aviar driver in it. Afterwards I will set it up for normal rounds and possibly give the full bag update I've been promising and that no one has been clamoring for."

so what was your thought process in even making the bag update post? im sincerely confused. and then you state "Oh geez. You clearly did not understand my post before responding."

lololololol

let me quote you so you know SOMEONE is talking to you. its a difficult concept..

"It's a putter only doubles ice bowl."

"The subsequent bags are all posted earlier in this thread."

"Tomorrow it's gonna have lots of Omegas and a Star aviar driver in it. Afterwards I will set it up for normal rounds and possibly give the full bag update I've been promising and that no one has been clamoring for."

so what was your thought process in even making the bag update post? im sincerely confused. and then you state "Oh geez. You clearly did not understand my post before responding."

lololololol
That's a lot of good quotes. The most pertinent information, that you seemed to have missed, was that the bag setup I posted was from 2014.

So to answer your original question: my "tb's" do "tb" things. That's why I throw them.

To answer your follow up question: "so what was your thought process in even making the bag update post?"
I refer you to earlier in the thread, which I believe you haven't seen yet. I post in this thread, my thread, because I want to. I am amusing myself and keeping a journal of sorts. I don't need advice on what to throw or what to buy, etc.

I do thank you Elmexdela for being my newest fan. I can tell from your lols that you enjoy my thread. The fact that you posted such a blistering response shows you are a super fan indeed. Your dedication to Fluke Disc Golf is appreciated.

Because of your support you have been entered into a random drawing with all my other super fans. The prize is a Fresh Step encrusted cat turd. I'll let you know if you win.

Dig it dude.

See Elmex, I didn't even have to quote him.

My partner and I placed second in the Corduras Township ice bowl. We donated our winnings to the the Glenville, PA food bank (the charity we were playing for). The putters only restriction coupled with the wind made it relatively hard to gain strokes. We were 3 shots down after the first round. We tied for the lead on the 15th hole of the second round then lost one on the 17th. I chained out am side on 18 to lose by one. Ah well.

Ps: that is a tie dye boss in the background. But there's also a 2001 CE Aviar for "scale" purposes.

Last edited:
[b]!!! Random drawing winner announcement!!![/b]

Super fans the wait is over! Without your support this would not be possible. I would like to express my utmost gratitude to each and every one of you.

The winner of the random drawing is...
SD86!
Please contact me to claim your prize.

Tried to update my whole shebang but I guess I took too long and got logged out. Maybe tomorrow I'll be willing to invest some time again.

I can pretty much guarantee it won't be as witty as what the lost post was gonna be.

Last edited:
Bang, bang! Updated shebang!

Since the random drawing prize went unclaimed It was donated to the cause of my choosing: the National Endowment for the Arts. They had it appraised at $347,000! What a spectacular windfall on their behalf! Also, I never knew my Maybelle was such an artiste. SD86, I'm sorry for your misfurtune.

Here's my current bag:

Vitals:

Lefty
Experience: twenty something years
Throwing style: whatever fits the situation
Injuries: recurring throwing shoulder tendinitis and five months recovery from a major right ankle sprain
Golf Distance(avg/max): Omega, 200/300'; Roc, 280/325'; Teebird, 300/375'; Thunderbird, 350/420'; Wraith, 375/450'
Likes/Dislikes: I have nearly every shot I need covered/I still haven't reached my ideal setup
Goals: short term: practice putting. Long term: bag it up in open masters

Bag:
Grip BX - It's the first bag I've ever bought.

Drivers:
175 Sirius Scorpius (brand new, never thrown) - Hopefully like an over stable Star Wraith.
175 Star Wraith (2 weeks old) - Reliably straight to fade but not like the Wraiths of days gone by.
172 Gstar Wraith (2 weeks old) - Bombdiggity! Flips flat flys freaking far! It's a well seasoned Star Wraith when new.
175 Star Firebird (seasoned a year and a half old or so) - Firebirds have lost a lot of flight time since I introduced Thunderbirds to the bag. This one stays in as the "over stable Thunderbird."
175 Glow Champion Thunderbird (seasoned) - My over stable Thunderbird: backhand and forehand flexes, hyzers or straight to fade.
171 Champion Thunderbird (well seasoned) - Incredibly controllable hyzer, hyzer flip, flex, anhyzer, forehand, backhand, grenades, etc.
175 Glow Champion Teebird3 (nearly new) - This flies like a well seasoned Champion Teebird. I'd like to beat it into the "hyzer flip Teebird" slot.
175 Champion Teebird (well seasoned) - backhand hyzers, straight to fade, flexes, and anhyzers.
171 Champion Leopard3 (seasoning) - Magic, forehand or backhand
171 Gstar Sidewinder (nearly new) - Ridiculous hyzer flips to no fade and backhand rollers
Unknown Weight VIP Underworld (seasoned) - Hyzer flip backhand rollers and Patent Pending backhand rollers.

Midrange:
180 Swirly Star Roc3 (seasoning) - Over stable Roc duties.
180 Champion Roc3 (0X stamp, well seasoned) - My go to midrange.
180 DX Roc (2004 Piedmont Random Doubles Tour stamp, well seasoned, approaching perfection) - Under stable Roc duties.
175 Recon Mortar 1.4 (nearly new) - Anyone who calls discs like this a crutch is a misguided, self-important, blowhard. For twenty years I never carried a disc like this but the micro bead run intrigued me. I bought 2. The shots I can make with this disc have earned it a spot in my bag.

Putters:
175 Sirius Omega 1.3 (seasoning) - Over stable driving and approach putter.
171 Supergrip Omega 1.14 (seasoning) - Straight driving and approach putter. I'm beating this one into my hyzer flip driving putter.
175 Sirius Omega 1.3 (seasoned) - It does amazing things though it waits in the wings while I give the previous some dings.
175 Quantum Omega (with sparkles, nearly new) - putting.
175 Quantum Omega (also with sparkles, nearly new) - putting.

Well I found another beer so I found the time. It is tomorrow any way.

Last edited:
I am playing the West Virginia Team Invitational at the Woodshed and Whipping Post again this year and couldn't be more stoked! I'll be making my Masters division debut. Also team match play at Paw Paw? Heaven!

So it turns out that I may have Firebirds to get rid of. Thunderbirds and the Mortar have taken all its shots for me.

Also, 3 new superfans have secured a spot in our next random drawing. You know you want in! It might be a Firebird.

I did not perform to my expectations in the WVTI. I knew I was playing a tougher seed than last year but I am disappointed that I only had 1 win on the course. Last year I halved my first match and won every other one through the finals.

Ahh well. I'll chalk this up to experience. Next year baby.

I'm really searching for overstable Wraiths.

I'm really searching for overstable Wraiths.

Closest I've come to a sure bet is a heavy metal flake. Currently bagging a mild dome 175g lightly beat for my OS distance slot. Have a new one that needs some wear before I'd bag it, very beefy.

I love the feel of MF when it gets some wear. Had a moderately beat 168g MF that was money for S/OS till I threw it in a creek.

My 175 glow champ Thunderbird was lost on hole 1 rockland Park. Looks like I've got to put another on the bag. Right now it's looking like it'll either be a 175 champ in clearish yellow green or a 175 champ with magenta and yellow fly die.

Both options should be fairly hard to find. I guess I'll just hit fairways and land where I want too so I don't have to search too hard.

Don't worry folks. I found the glow champ Thunderbird when I played a full round on Monday.

I also aced hole 15 at Cherokee Trails. 200 something laser beam with one of my magic omegas (it has at least 3 other aces as well). The coolest part of the affair was: I was playing with the course owner and designer, a fellow lefty, who had just aced hole 14!

Latest posts