• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My journey to 450feet consistently. Help!

You are toast from the start of motion as you lean back and reach your foot out ahead, instead of leading with the Center of Mass and the foot catching up like walking or running.
Screen Shot 2023-12-26 at 6.27.05 PM.png

How is this looking? Feels a bit awkward, but I assume I will get used to it over time. Do you know of any drills that are similar?

Balance looks better. Can close your stride/stance some.

Need to stop hugging yourself. Hug the disc. You have weak leverage against the disc with your thumb pointed out.
Screen Shot 2024-01-02 at 1.19.43 AM.png

I have worked a bit on getting more of a curl on the disc to prevent myself from hugging myself. Or should I actually just try to have my thumb pointed more out like Dickerson? How can i tell if I'm hugging myself?

Backview

Sideview

Looking better?

This one I think is really interesting, on the left side the disc barely touches my nipple and is annoying. I've been struggling figuring this one out, but I was lucky I got it in slowmo. The disc doesn't touch my left nipple often, but it still happens daily.

I can tell on the left side, my head is slightly rotated more anti-clock in comparison. Could the reason be that my head is a bit too much backwards?
left-side-hit-me.jpg

I really don't like how you start out by holding your arm/disc hugging yourself.
Note how Paul's shoulders(especially right shoulder) are in athletic forward tilt over his knees and toes and elbow is wide out away from chest - not hugging himself, more like he's going to hug someone else or the disc.
You are setup behind your heels to push or leverage everything toward the right/east teeside instead of straight or slightly left/west. Your shoulders are rotating open on your x-step instead of being closed.

Screen Shot 2024-01-07 at 1.05.43 AM.png

I guess I haven't really understood this topic about hugging myself. Am I looking better now?
open-vs-closed.jpg

If I get this correct, my thoughts are:

On the left picture:
My elbow is pointing directly south towards target. This is open right?

On the right picture:
My elbow is pointing south-west which is closed right?

Is this looking better? It felt more powerful and I felt like my body was drifting more towards west in general instead of south or even a bit east.

Yes, your elbow position looks somewhat better although I would say it's north to target, while south is back of tee. I would still like to see your elbow a little more forward of your shoulder so the disc is closer to your right pec instead of left pec and wing turned slightly up 45 degrees or so at least instead of holding the disc perpendicular to the ground.

You tilt and turn your head back too early so you have to send your rear elbow up to try and help counter balance your head. Note how balanced Paul is with head still looking at target and shins vertical and hips hinged/leveraged back deeper. Your knees are too far over your toes so you are in more quad dominant postion instead of hip hinge/hammy/glute dominant position.
Screen Shot 2024-01-08 at 2.46.59 AM.png

Thanks.

I now have my elbow more forwards in comparison to yesterday, I try to have it a bit closer to my right pec, but I feel it falls inbetween right pec and left pec. I forgot about turning the disc more in to a flat position instead of vertical.

To look ahead as long as PMB is incredible, very hard, but I guess you chose him to teach me a lesson.

I think the one where I have a cap on is the best (second one).

I also the one where I have a cap on is the best (first one).

Interested in your opinion.

What's it going to take to get you to lean more targetward like running? Note how Drew and Corey's pelvis is tilted downhill while yours is uphill.
Screen Shot 2024-01-08 at 7.39.03 PM.png

Yep, easy task is difficult. I don't get why I'm doing it, it feels a bit a bit artificial to try and fix it. I assume I should work on walking more sideways with a disc in hand and not throw?

Is it looking better?

Is left side better than right? Comparison against yesterday.

Backview:

Sideview:

hugging.png
Is this hugging myself, or is this good?

Much better. You are not hugging yourself, but you are crouching/seated posture too much, knees too far over toes. It looks like you are lifting your arms/elbows up instead of pushing your hips up into taller more athletic posture. I'd suggest running sideways 100 meters back and forth, make it efficient as possible.

Trying to make myself understand this hugging/rounding perspective a bit better, as I've been struggling at times that disc will barely touch my nipple at times. Happens seldom, but seldom is too often imo.

I made a video yesterday, where I'm on purpose trying to have my elbow open to the target. This one actually barely touched my nipple. The one to the left was the one barely touching. The one on the right side was fine.

hugging24.jpg

Did I understand this right.

Left side:
I'm having an elbow which is pointed around 11:30. Kinda closed, but might not be enough. In this case I got it to barely touch my left nipple. I don't see anything wrong on picture two.

Middle:
I'm having an elbow which is at 11 o' clock, if not more. This one is most definitely closed. This one did not touch my left nipple.

Right side:
I'm trying to put myself up for rounding on purpose. My elbow is facing 12 o'clock, might also be even 12:30. This one didn't hit my left nipple, but probably because it was swinging around it when it got close to my powerpocket.

Am I onto something?

I'm just trying to verify that my thought are in the right place.

Plant your front foot a little more to the left/west tee side.

Try to get disc closer to right nip.

I've been working a bit on BETO drill, I felt it was a wise thing to do as I'm trying to have the disc start at my right pec anyways.

2 throws from behind and 2 throws from the side.

Looking better?

1st on both were better than 2nd. Better shoulder turn.

Finally back home after 2 weeks of work.

I'm trying to start out with my elbow more closed which was my last breakthrough.

Looking good?

My plan is to get a lot of repetitions and have a bit quicker run-up. I feel I would be quicker if I didn't have a disc in my hand and also had to throw the disc. Opinions on this?

I also did some forehand practice, I've never done any work on my forehand except throwing it. I haven't had the interest, but I figure out I should give it a shot while working on my BH. I'm trying out a couple of different throws.

Thanks for sharing thoughts.

You hold your arm/elbow/disc tight/weird. The way you drop your arm/disc in the backswing shortens your whip/lever instead of making it longer. It's like your hand is too low and arm retracted in door frame drill so you don't get your weight to drop down against the rising backswing and pull/stretch everything taut.

FH is very similar with your elbow staying too far in front and not ever getting pulled back taut.
Screen Shot 2024-01-30 at 2.57.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-01-30 at 2.35.21 AM.png

Back at it again.

I have made some changes. I try to start out with elbow more levelv (height) to my arm. Last week or so, I started out much higher with my elbow in comparison to the disc. Now I'm trying to be a little bit more level.

Opinions? Anything looking better or worse?

Backview:

Sideview:

Comparison to last week:

Latest posts