• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Get Buzzzed!

Should I Get a Buzzz?

• Go for it!

Votes: 85 93.4%
  • What's wrong with you?! Get something else!

Votes: 6 6.6%

• Total voters
Personally every Buzz I've thrown, I've liked. Some will tell you X run of X stamp of X plastic might fly 10' further than X plastic, but **** it. A buzz is a buzz. Pick whichever plastic feels good in your hand and offers the grip and durability you want.

I prefer Z Glo Buzz, or Z in general. It's so tough, and I'm happy with the grip it offers. I use a pink FLX in the winter because it's easier to find in the snow.

the Z buzzz was given to me with two other discs when i started playing, and ive used it every single round ever since. its one of my favorite discs in the bag

I have thrown all the buzzzes I can find- an esp buzz, halloween esp/flx, flx, pro d, elite z, and elite x. I like them all. Really, depends on a few things:

1) How many are you going to be carrying around? If you want one that will just last a super long time, go with Elite Z.

2) If you DO want to carry around a few for differ shots:
- Pro D/Elite-X breaks in nice for long turnover shots.
-Elite Z/FLX/ESP are pretty good at being stable with a slight fading finish
-The heaviest one you can find in Z/FLX/ESP will yield you the best wind fighting disc.

All in all, I've loved every buzz I've had- from the trashed Pro D's to the super stable Z I have.

I guess the thing I am looking for the most is durability and grip. The reason I ask is:
1) I primarily use Innova and am only familiar with their plastic types, not so familiar on how they compare to Discraft.
2) I currently have a Pro-D Buzzz that I really like, but is beat to hell. Still love to throw it and will continue to do so, just wanted to get a newer one for more options.

I guess the thing I am looking for the most is durability and grip. The reason I ask is:
1) I primarily use Innova and am only familiar with their plastic types, not so familiar on how they compare to Discraft.
2) I currently have a Pro-D Buzzz that I really like, but is beat to hell. Still love to throw it and will continue to do so, just wanted to get a newer one for more options.

Z = Slightly grippier feeling Champion
ESP = Star
FLX = Flexible Star plastic with slightly enhanced grip and is still just as durable as ESP, not at all like R-Pro bosses
D = DX

If I were you I'd go with a Z so you have a bomb proof Buzz that will be stable for a long time, and compliment it with the less stable D you have. That is unless you prefer Star to champ, then pick ESP or FLX.

Hard to beat the Cryztal plastic if you want grip and durability. Nice and tacky feeling, but built like a tank.

I'll list my favorite plastic from favorite to least (I carry 5 Buzzz molds in my bag):

-Cryztal
- ESP FLX
- Supercolor ESP
- Elite Z
- Elite X
- Pro D

Definitely get your mitts on them before you buy though.

That is unless you prefer Star to champ, then pick ESP or FLX.

i know a number of people who prefer star over champion for innova but prefer Z over ESP for discraft.

Yeah I had some ESP Buzz's but I never got attached to them. My Glo Z I've loved from the first throw. I don't know what it is about Discraft's Z plastic but it seems pretty grippy for champ style plastic. Especially a Dirty Dozens stamped Z Stalker I have, that disc is sweet.

I'll second that. I used to even prefer my Buzz for putting compared to the putters I had tried in my first month of playing :D

I have extensively thrown the X, Z and FLX. The X is good and beats into a super-glidey, slightly understable disc. The Z and X basically start out at the same perfectly balanced stability, but the Z never really loses it. If you've thrown a Champ Teebird, the Z Buzz basically beats in the same-- it never really loses its high speed stability, it just loses its fade.

I tried the FLX out for quite a bit cause I found that it ricochets less than Z (it also holds up just as well) and a lot of the holes I use the Buzzz on are tightly wooded, but in the end I went back to the Z. The FLX was slightly more overstable than the the X or Z and a bit less glidey. It made it harder to hit those smooth anny lines and would stall out where the X or Z would have continued on the line. I never felt confident using the FLX for anything over 250' because I was afraid it would start to fade before it reached that point, unlike a Z Buzzz.

I got the ESp FLX because that just makes the most sense. It is a midrange disc that I would tend to use near trees and such, therefore knowing it will get used and abused. I have nailed trees head on with it and it bend and bounces off with no problem. I have gotten comfortable with the grip and since I play in very cold weather sometimes, I know it will stay somewhat flexible. I also have a x and z plastics in Buzzz mold, but really dont use them much.

The Z-Buzzz is built like a tank, will last forever....
I prefer the CryZtal Z Buzzz for the fact that it L-A-S-E-R----->STRAIGHT

esp flx because on mid shots it doesn't usually roll away

I have thrown Z, CryZtal, ESP and FLX.
I liked them all (threw my CryZtal the most until I lost it).
Can't go wrong.

I've never thrown an ESP, but all of the other plastics have yielded good results. The FLX ones are sweet in cold weather climates during the winter.

Latest posts