• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Get Buzzzed!

Should I Get a Buzzz?

• Go for it!

Votes: 85 93.4%
  • What's wrong with you?! Get something else!

Votes: 6 6.6%

• Total voters
So I picked up a Z Buzzz, and I have to say that I am very impressed and happy with the purchase. Used it a bunch and I really like the control I have with it. Thanks for all the help.

I thought Innova plastic was confusing.

My dad just started playing and he's a big Georgia Tech fan, so I got him a FLX Buzz. I really love the feel of the plastic as it seems like it would offer great grip no matter the weather conditions. It really seems to hit the target and stick the landing without any drama. I might have to pick up one to try as I have no Discraft in my bag (just Innova and Gateway).

I picked up my first D Buzz today. I wanted to test one out to see how the plastic wears in and how flippy they become.

I'm curious why it's rated 0 though. My other Buzz's are rated .5 fade and this D Buzz doesn't fly any different.

I picked up my first D Buzz today. I wanted to test one out to see how the plastic wears in and how flippy they become.

I'm curious why it's rated 0 though. My other Buzz's are rated .5 fade and this D Buzz doesn't fly any different.

throw the Z with an anny, then throw the D with an anny. you'll see

I would say the elite z or the elite x

If you play the in the winter in MN, then you NEED an FLX.

Z is probably best durability wise, but I prefer the ESP for its grippiness spring, summer & fall.

Elite Z Buzz/FLX Buzzz

I currently throw an elite X buzz, and to say it has worked well for me is an understatement.....so naturally I wanted to try another buzz, so I purchased an Elite Z Buzz, and this thing is very overstable......being my first elite z disc, can I expect this to beat in to a more stable disc, or is the elite z plastice just more overstable than elite x.........

Thanks for you help....

It will eventually beat in, the z starts a little more stable. It just takes a little longer. I love the Z. Just keep both in the bag, then once it beats in like you want it, it will stay that way for a very long time.

I keep both in the bag, and find myself reaching for the Z more often now that they're both getting beat in. The Z is fantastic for those tight anny shots where you need the disc to flatten out after taking a tight right turn around a tree, etc. (RHBH)

BTW, don't you love when you throw a disc, and one of your friends whispers, "come back" and you say, "It will" ... and it does? One of those disc golf moments that other people will just never understand .. lol

i carry + throw both, and my Z buzzz seems to respond more to a high-speed throw than the X buzzz. the Z buzzz flies flat and straight with a little fade at the end when i throw it with relatively high arm speed, while the X buzzz seems to require less speed to achieve this effect. when thrown hard, the x buzzz almost reacts like an understable disc

hope this helps

Buy the Z. continue throwing the X until you feel it's too beat to hold a solid flat straight line shot; meanwhile, you're Z buzzz just throw it on hyzers while the X is still beating in further.

Once you have this done, you'll have a perfect anny buzzz for a loooong time, as well as the shot the buzzz was made for with your z, dead straight.

My Z buzzz probably has seen close to a thousand throws or slightly more this summer and it still fights an anny.

i carry + throw both, and my Z buzzz seems to respond more to a high-speed throw than the X buzzz. the Z buzzz flies flat and straight with a little fade at the end when i throw it with relatively high arm speed, while the X buzzz seems to require less speed to achieve this effect. when thrown hard, the x buzzz almost reacts like an understable disc

hope this helps

yeah that does help out...thanks man!....

Buy the Z. continue throwing the X until you feel it's too beat to hold a solid flat straight line shot; meanwhile, you're Z buzzz just throw it on hyzers while the X is still beating in further.

Once you have this done, you'll have a perfect anny buzzz for a loooong time, as well as the shot the buzzz was made for with your z, dead straight.

My Z buzzz probably has seen close to a thousand throws or slightly more this summer and it still fights an anny.

Great plan....I think that is what I will most likely do......appreciate the help from everyone so far

Forgot to mention this.

The majority of the Z buzzz's are flat, but make sure you can find one that is. It won't look like your X, as almost all of them have domes.

If you're able to, just go with a Z Glo Buzzz. While I don't have the arm to out muscle a buzzz (only throw it max of 300 feet), the glo seems a bit more stable than my regular z

Forgot to mention this.

The majority of the Z buzzz's are flat, but make sure you can find one that is. It won't look like your X, as almost all of them have domes.

If you're able to, just go with a Z Glo Buzzz. While I don't have the arm to out muscle a buzzz (only throw it max of 300 feet), the glo seems a bit more stable than my regular z

...this is very true, as I was comparing the 2 last night, the Z is extremely flat compared to my X........its my first experience with Discraft Z plastic, I usually throw innova (champ, dx)....so this is all new to me at this point...

...this is very true, as I was comparing the 2 last night, the Z is extremely flat compared to my X........its my first experience with Discraft Z plastic, I usually throw innova (champ, dx)....so this is all new to me at this point...

Elite Z is my favorite plastic period, and I'm a man who loves his DX/Pro plastic to death.

My only gripe with it, the same as champion plastic, a tree shot that ricochets off can go 100 feet on its own, namely the wrong way.

I bought a FLX Buzzz to compensate for that, but it's just not the same. If you're throwing powerful, a Z Buzzz can be a terrible ally in the woods. It'll hurt the tree more than the disc will show wear and tear, but ricochets can hurt with them.

Flx Buzzz all the way! I've been throwing the same 175 Flx Buzz for nearly two years now and it is the best all around disc I've thrown. Animage is correct when he says that they bounce less in trees. I have a 174 Crztal Z Buzzz as well, and that one is slightly more stable, and it seems faster...more driver like. But the Flx buzzz wins it for me on feel, and it holds any line you put it on inside about 280' for me. Crztal one for the hyzers that take a turn around a tree then flatten out (someone mentioned this earlier), or for a windy shot.

OP, have you considered checking out a Z comet? recently, i've been reaching for mine for nearly every midrange shot

Latest posts