• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Improve me

Looks like you're quickly getting some pop! I like your patience and tempo in the swing.

You might be landing slightly too far back on the heel heading into the plant in throw 1 and your upper body is too behind (toward west/left of tee) of your foot in throw 2 so you got slightly jammed up. I think I also see the disc creeping back toward the camera a bit in your backswing, so you can probably get off the rear side a little more aggressively into the plant. Side of tee view/whole body in the frame would be a little easier to see now.

Looks like you're quickly getting some pop! I like your patience and tempo in the swing.

You might be landing slightly too far back on the heel heading into the plant in throw 1 and your upper body is too behind (toward west/left of tee) of your foot in throw 2 so you got slightly jammed up. I think I also see the disc creeping back toward the camera a bit in your backswing, so you can probably get off the rear side a little more aggressively into the plant. Side of tee view/whole body in the frame would be a little easier to see now.

I agree! Had that in mind in this throw.

https://youtu.be/e87MVccA_Ro

I spot that I should probably turn my shoulders a bit more. Anything else? Which drills to focus on at this point?

Liking the Jarvis off arm!

There's just a little bit of hang time between the drive step and plant step that you don't need. Might try to get more abruptly into the plant. Even if you have the basic idea, I always return to drilling Hershyzer & thinking about when I swing if I've got some slack to try to get the most compact and abrupt "crush" whether I'm standing still or x-stepping. As the stride length increases, there's usually a little bit of slop in either the stride length or angle that most of us can tighten up.

You might be lagging your head behind the swing a little more than you need to.

Too much stagger. Either stride straighter into plant or start x-step more diagonal walking back left to front right pad so the stagger happens from a straight stride but on the diagonal walk.

Too much stagger. Either stride straighter into plant or start x-step more diagonal walking back left to front right pad so the stagger happens from a straight stride but on the diagonal walk.

So basically too much distance between my feet east-west-wise?

Could you elaborate on the second alternative? Won't that alternative misdirect the force in the wrong direction?

What drill to work with? Herz?

X-stepping straight along 20 degree diagonal.
m8Ntq28.png

Good to know I'm on the right track. Anything in particular to work on now? Is the rather low elbow an issue? Or just focus on getting consistent timing and increase the speed?

Love lurking your thread & form dev so 2 more cents here.

A little variability in how you stride is the most obvious thing to me. Looks like you get off your rear foot a little more instep than the toe in the first throw in the first vid. First vid second throw is looking pretty clean. In the second vid, 2nd throw you appear a little caught behind the plant stride/brace so your rear leg counterbalance height/swim move come a bit off axis.

So I might keep working the strides & tightening up the transition from the rear foot into the plant stride.

Showing you what I mean against the follow through position of you mirrored vs. some pros. Left panel of you from first vid is looking pretty good, right is where you're caught more behind the plant stride/brace from the second vid:

p5gghRU.png

Hershyzer Drills. Hard to see from that camera angle, but looks like your front foot is leading your stride, instead of your hips/CoG. Your foot leads and then you try to drive too late. You can see your head drifting to the right thru the release instead of staying centered/balanced on front leg.

Love lurking your thread & form dev so 2 more cents here.

A little variability in how you stride is the most obvious thing to me. Looks like you get off your rear foot a little more instep than the toe in the first throw in the first vid. First vid second throw is looking pretty clean. In the second vid, 2nd throw you appear a little caught behind the plant stride/brace so your rear leg counterbalance height/swim move come a bit off axis.

So I might keep working the strides & tightening up the transition from the rear foot into the plant stride.

Showing you what I mean against the follow through position of you mirrored vs. some pros. Left panel of you from first vid is looking pretty good, right is where you're caught more behind the plant stride/brace from the second vid:

Appreciate you comments! Sounds like a good plan. Need to find the best rear foot angle to be able to figure 8. I have quite externally rotated hips so probably heel around 7-8 o clock.

Hershyzer Drills. Hard to see from that camera angle, but looks like your front foot is leading your stride, instead of your hips/CoG. Your foot leads and then you try to drive too late. You can see your head drifting to the right thru the release instead of staying centered/balanced on front leg.

You are probably correct! Lost a bit of the figure 8/butt first while tinkering with the straighter stride and trying to move the plant foot in a more can crushing pattern. Not following you on the "try to drive to late" and "head drifting to the right"? Could you elaborate on this? You mean east and not south, right (pun intended)?

Your right foot is kicking the wall in hershyzer, instead of driving your butt cheek into wall.

Yes, head is drifting east.

Latest posts