• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Improve me

Got that part! But what do I do too late which makes my head go east? Drive my hips too late relative to the plant (since I plant "too early")?

When you land more in Hershyzer it'll get the CoG leading better and we should see your weight flowing more into the outstep of your front foot as you leverage against the ground.

https://youtu.be/VTuKEenjs78

Didn't know I was filmed and during a match play so no focus on form (and not the best video format).

Is it due to the lack of can crushing/too staggered and drifting eastward after x-step I shrug and the elbow collapses or is it something wrong with my upper body? For instance too low elbow, too upright posture or too externally rotated shoulder?

Looks like you are getting stuck between your feet and trying too drive late. Note how your pelvis rises and both feet move closer to each other, this not good for the back. Crush the Can/Swivel Stairs/One Leg Drill.

Looks like some Funky Chicken Posture instead of more Cobra Posture, note how much more space Simon and Paul have with the spine in flexion vs extension.

Also looks like your elbow points more down in power pocket, so your shoulder is more externally rotated instead of loaded internally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aADjcR_ZtUw&t=5m42s

attachment.php

Attachments

• Funky Chicken vs Cobra Posture.jpg
    Funky Chicken vs Cobra Posture.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 75
Looks like some Funky Chicken Posture instead of more Cobra Posture, note how much more space Simon and Paul have with the spine in flexion vs extension.

Also looks like your elbow points more down in power pocket, so your shoulder is more externally rotated instead of loaded internally.

Thank you. Yes, I've notice that anterior pelvic tilt too. Have it naturally so I have to really think about it without flexing the core too much. Do you think adjusting to cobra posture will fix the shoulder rotation? Surely feels like it watching the swing in the mirror.

My own takes

- slightly less funky chicken but still not like a cobra which leads to a somewhat limited power pocket the shoulder not as IR as I want it to be
- need more ulnar deviation to keep the nose down
- off arm too relaxed
- perhaps a bit stuck between feet but much better than before

Drills to work with - OLD, Power pocket swings like SW showed above and exercises to reduce the anterior pelvic tilt.

Comments?

Walk more right to left instead of left to right. Your head is going over outside your toes instead of moving inside posture.

Kind of, yeah there's less funky chicken, but your head ducks. Your rear arm looks fine.

I would work on Buttwipe/Inside Swing Drill and walking more right to left to help with that. And front foot pushing into the ground more east --->, so ground pushes you more west <--- upright/inside.

Olympic Sledgehammer Tosses would also help with posture.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 5.14.00 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 5.14.00 PM.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 88
Kind of, yeah there's less funky chicken, but your head ducks. Your rear arm looks fine.

I would work on Buttwipe/Inside Swing Drill and walking more right to left to help with that. And front foot pushing into the ground more east --->, so ground pushes you more west <--- upright/inside.

Olympic Sledgehammer Tosses would also help with posture.

attachment.php

That duck thing is new to me. Probably a side effect from trying to hold cobra posture. Sounds good. Front foot pushes into the ground more east - could you elaborate on that? Is that an active thing to do or an effect from the more right to left walk?

Thank you!

Didn't know my forehand was filmed but now that I have it I might as well ask for a review of that as well. Of course it's not ideal to have discs in the off hand but my friend asked me to try them out. Last throw was an intentional flex.

https://youtu.be/LlYBqoqmDFs

Last edited:
Looks pretty good. Might be a little late on the elbow cock for my liking.

1. Get your shoulders/chest forward over your knees.

2. Get your front shin angled more northward/targetward over your foot on the ground. Note how your inside ankle is low/on ground while Paul's inside ankle is high/off ground leveraging his whole body targetward of it. You are more behind your foot/pressure on the ground/slowing down.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-11 at 6.50.57 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-03-11 at 6.50.57 PM.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 111
1. Get your shoulders/chest forward over your knees.

2. Get your front shin angled more northward/targetward over your foot on the ground. Note how your inside ankle is low/on ground while Paul's inside ankle is high/off ground leveraging his whole body targetward of it. You are more behind your foot/pressure on the ground/slowing down.

attachment.php

Ok, so a more aggressive pre-step and posture. Duly noted! Thank you!

Latest posts