• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Auction] #10 of 10 LAST Proto Glow Ion - Ends 4/22/11 8:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmrichar

.:MVP Company Rep:.
End Date/Time: 4/22/11 @ 8:00 PM EST

Starting Bid: $25

Min. Bid Increment: $1

Weight: 175

Disc Condition: 10/10

Color: Purple

Detailed Description: This is the very first proto run of Glow Ions. There have only been 10 total proto Glow Ions made, all of which were mediums. Each proto Glow Ion was marked 1 through 10. There will only be 4 of these proto Glow Ions sold on public auction. This Auction is for the LAST Proto Glow Ion #10 of 10.

The top two images are THE disc for sale. The third image is a representing the Glow, not the actual disc.

Top:
4ly85.jpg

Back:
24dkax5.jpg

GLOW:
190524_160938433963040_137972412926309_388918_6557524_n.jpg

Is this color going to be exclusive to the protos? I'm just wondering, if you run purple glow Ions in the future, what's stopping someone from writing "Glow Proto" on the back and selling it as such? I don't want to put down a ton of cash on a disc that can be easily forged thus making my real one suspect :\

Is this color going to be exclusive to the protos? I'm just wondering, if you run purple glow Ions in the future, what's stopping someone from writing "Glow Proto" on the back and selling it as such? I don't want to put down a ton of cash on a disc that can be easily forged thus making my real one suspect :\
Don't worry, we put thought into this before we decided to sell these protos. See the engraving/texturing on the back of the Ions? Well, that is a hint. :)

yeah the texture on the back of first run soft ions is different to if im not mistaken

yeah the texture on the back of first run soft ions is different to if im not mistaken
I am hinting at the fact that all our new runs of Ions are not going to have the engravings/texture, meaning the Glow Protos will be the ONLY ones with the engraving on the back. IE, compare to Vector ;) Any questions/discussion of this engraving fact please ask/state in the MVP thread, anything about the Proto Glow Ion here.

Last edited:
I am hinting at the fact that all our new runs of Ions are not going to have the engravings/texture, meaning the Glow Protos will be the ONLY ones with the engraving on the back. IE, compare to Vector ;) Any questions/discussion of this engraving fact please ask/state in the MVP thread, anything about the Proto Glow Ion here.

i bet the new Glow Ions will be Awesome CLear/See threw like the Vector ..
so the whole disc looks Awesome while the rim Glows Lighting up the center
..... ~
if not you should make them this way and send me one for free ...
as i am a neighborhood friend .with an awesome ideia ....lol :p
D.j. said he tryed getting you to come out to play with us the other week .. but you couldnt .. woulda liked to meet ya .. ~

Last edited:
I bid $70

I do have a question for the auction master. how long will the glow last in these protos? I am curious I guess because I want to hang it on my wall but I might not if it loses its glow. Also, when will these be put into production?

I bid $70

I do have a question for the auction master. how long will the glow last in these protos? I am curious I guess because I want to hang it on my wall but I might not if it loses its glow. Also, when will these be put into production?
We have not done any concise testing, however I can assure that we have sought out and used the strongest/most expensive glow concentrate that is available to the plastics industry. On top of this, we have concentrated it heavily in the rim assuring its very bright. It does seem to last a very long time, but I haven't actually timed it. Hence, these are prototypes. There is no time frame for production at this time.

thanks chad! I am looking forward to seeing these in production, I know locally they will be a big hit since a lot of people are putting the Aviars away and starting to toss Ions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts