• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] 10 speed 6 glide

P-Line PD or a Pro StarFire. Both have glides closer to 6 than to 4 or 5. An old mold, or X mold Beast will also fit the bill.

think its physically possible to have a speed 12 or 13 driver with a 1 glide rating?

After re examining my bag for such a thing. Not the PD it is much to os to produce that kind of glide. The pro plastic has more glide but still not more than 4 according to the bull**** scale.

Like, after, literally spending a couple thousand dollars testing discs after my ten plus year hiatus I can only come up with one disc from the smooth's cellar of prized possessions and that would be a gold line saint.

I'm surprised that a lot of people think that glide is a fantasy parameter for describing discs. Glide is basically aerodynamic lift. It's the discs ability to float through the air

Keep in mind that dome has a huge affect on how Terns fly.

Westside NORTHMAN. Large diameter, very domey, lots of Glide (even if the numbers technically say only 5). Stability would be comparable to a Beast/Beast-X.

S-10, G-6. Sounds like you a looking for a magic disc that you don't have to throw to hard but will glide for days.

When I put it that way it does sound like a Mamba is the one. I throw a 167 champ Mamba and was impressed how far it goes with less power. I like them so much I rushed out and purchased 2 backups.

The Mamba does say S-11 but I find it easy to grip and rip.

S-10, G-6. Sounds like you a looking for a magic disc that you don't have to throw to hard but will glide for days.

When I put it that way it does sound like a Mamba is the one. I throw a 167 champ Mamba and was impressed how far it goes with less power. I like them so much I rushed out and purchased 2 backups.

The Mamba does say S-11 but I find it easy to grip and rip.

Yup, Mamba receives way too much hate, and it is an underappreciated disc. In champ, it's nowhere near -5.

I would associate glide with the ability to stay in the air longer-very unscientific terminology on my part. But that is what discs that have good glide seem to do well.

Yup, Mamba receives way too much hate, and it is an underappreciated disc. In champ, it's nowhere near -5.

Agreed. Also, I have an F2 Star Mamba that must be THE most (over)stable Mamba in the history of Disc golf. Gets great distance with a tailwind, though; ergo, I have it in my 'windy weather' bag.

I was hesitant to try the Mamba. I thought a -5 turn will just turn and burn. However, agreed, in Champ they are not as understable as I thought they would be.

Agreed. Also, I have an F2 Star Mamba that must be THE most (over)stable Mamba in the history of Disc golf. Gets great distance with a tailwind, though; ergo, I have it in my 'windy weather' bag.

I agree some star mambas are unqiuely stable however the metal flake is literally almost a different disc with its fresh stability. Once after a practice throw I hyzered out hard and literally slammed a brick wall at the apex of the fade/finish. After being rather confused by the fact that it almost didn't even leave a scuff, I was even more astonished that it still flew exactly true. This was the kinda rip that would end and nearly ruin any pre-JL champ in one throw.

Latest posts