• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1100+ rounds

"So the probability of an 1100+ round on Vista seems more likely for some reason."

Could the reason be the there is little elevation change? Or trees for that matter? I am not saying that it is an easy layout for the common player. But, easier than other "58" rated courses due to factors mentioned above.

McBeth almost shot back to back 1100+ rounds. It would have been cool to be the guy that could tell everyone he shot back to back 1100+ rounds. The odds are definatley against him as pointed out by Chuck.

Last edited:
"So the probability of an 1100+ round on Vista seems more likely for some reason."

Could the reason be the there is little elevation change? Or trees for that matter? I am not saying that it is an easy layout for the common player. But, easier than other "58" rated courses due to factors mentioned above.

McBeth almost shot back to back 1100+ rounds. It would have been cool to be the guy that could tell everyone he shot back to back 1100+ rounds. The odds are definatley against him as pointed out by Chuck.

he already explained it.

the ob at vista plays harder for a sub 1000 rated player than an over 1020 guy who is "on fire"

Anyone know if there has been a 1100+ round shot at the USDGC?

This is one of those people that just don't get it.

There are holes at the USDGC that just don't pay to be agressive. The risk is so great and the OB so tightly planned that it almost forces layup shots. You can think up all the contradictory examples in the world and the fact still remains...

The average rating for players at the memorial is 987. The average Pro Men rating for round 1 was 990 and round 2 988, pretty darn close (I dont know if other divisions played the same layout or courses)

The USDGC has more holes that the average player has to do a similar thing to the best pro's in the world. There are plenty of forced layups so it is much harder to break away from the pack. I also believe that the skill level spread is greater at the memorial than the traditional USDGC.

I think that USDGC 1088 was also a 16 under, just like Dave's. It has to do with the scoring spread and pts available.

The higher the SSA, the fewer points per throw which narrows the standard deviation of ratings points potential. That's why we track "best ever" rounds into 6-shot ratings ranges so we have better apple-to-apple comparisons. While an 1100 round may be possible on a course with an SSA over 66, it will be less likely than other SSA ranges due to statistics and also due to very few rounds played on courses with 66+ SSA compared to all other SSAs.

Depends on which way you look at it if it is crazy stuff. All these golfers are capable of these type of rounds. It is impressive that Avery shot such a great round in the wind today, but I wouldn't say it surprises me. I'm gonna say McBeth shoots another great round tomorrow to finish it off.

I almost took a 4 on a 650' hole my last tourney. I would have been ecstatic. It's about 300ish to get past the trees, and another 350ish open to the basket.

20b110cc_m.jpg

1038 from the longs... Ridiculous

Four 1100 rounds in this tourney . . . someone is gonna think its a conspiracy like the juiced ball . . . its all the blizzard and sparkle plastic!

Sorry I am 100% kidding and this was probably not productive . . . but I thought it was funny.