• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1100+ rounds

I've shot a couple rounds that for my abilities, would be comparable to 1100 rated rounds for the pros. It really had nothing to do with discs or anything except for the fact that I was just in a zone where everything was going right and/or my competitor was right on my heels. It has nothing to do with a flawed system, it has to do with Feldberg taking every shot seriously because McBeth was right on his heels. That is what happens when competitors at that level push each other. They rise to the occasion. That is why they make the "big bucks" and play in Open.

Yuuup. I guess the inflation of ratings still remains a mystery. It's too early in the season to predict how many 1100+ rounds there will be this year. If the number is a significant increase from years past. The next question is why? Technology improvements? Flawed rating system? Other?

How about hard work- meaning good players getting better.

The technology is getting better yes but ask any top pro, we haven't switched our disc selection in years so I hope this answered any questions you have T.Hizzle

The technology is getting better yes but ask any top pro, we haven't switched our disc selection in years so I hope this answered any questions you have T.Hizzle

He, he is just clowning around. Hopefully soon you make it up to his suggested rating cut-off for advanced/open: 1050.

And all the bogey members are suddenly the most knowledgable people on the site... :|

I need to start trolling and spamming then so I can get my post count up and be super cool like all the DGCR fanboys. Maybe I can buy myself a crown, try to think of a funny sig/avatar.. cause I think I need to start trying to be cool on here way harder to fit in with all these super cool DGCR kids.

By the way, sir, excellent job the past two days. :thmbup:

I need to start trolling and spamming then so I can get my post count up and be super cool like all the DGCR fanboys. Maybe I can buy myself a crown, try to think of a funny sig/avatar.. cause I think I need to start trying to be cool on here way harder to fit in with all these super cool DGCR kids.

Whatever made you think I was attacking you? I was attacking the people who have only been here a very short time yet think they know more than all the other people here. I didn't say I'm super cool. And for the record, my crown was a gift.

Buzzz off.

I've shot a couple rounds that for my abilities, would be comparable to 1100 rated rounds for the pros. It really had nothing to do with discs or anything except for the fact that I was just in a zone where everything was going right and/or my competitor was right on my heels. It has nothing to do with a flawed system, it has to do with Feldberg taking every shot seriously because McBeth was right on his heels. That is what happens when competitors at that level push each other. They rise to the occasion. That is why they make the "big bucks" and play in Open.

And you were in the zone while the other people around you were not

I shot a 980 round int he wind once because my focus on upshots was phenomonal . . . does not mean I am a 980 player. Half of that rating (or the difference between how I normally play and how I did play) may have been due to my focus, but the other half was due tot he fact others couldn't figure it out. But I have been stuck between 899 and 915 for over 1 year so that is where my talent level is right now

Not when feldberg beat his previous course record of 46 which at the time was rated 1105 if I remember reading . . . so 2 shots better only 10 points higher.

that seems about right.........you can't compare an older round to that one and compare the rating..........Isn't one stroke usually (and i use this term loosely) about 6 to 8 rating points difference?

that seems about right.........you can't compare an older round to that one and compare the rating..........Isn't one stroke usually (and i use this term loosely) about 6 to 8 rating points difference?

If I am correct the shots are each worth about 10 ratings points on par 54 courses . . .the higher the par (meaning the harder the course) the less points each stroke is worth. i think I have that correct.

If I am correct the shots are each worth about 10 ratings points on par 54 courses . . .the higher the par (meaning the harder the course) the less points each stroke is worth. i think I have that correct.

par has nothing to do with it necessarily. its the SSA. the higher the SSA the less each stroke will penalize your rating. so on pitch and putt courses, wher people shoot 13-15 down the amount per stroke can be 13 or 15 points.

I bet there are at least a dozen 1100+ rated rounds this year and at least one 1200+.

what a moron

could not have said it better myself.

Pwnd by Mcbeth.

par has nothing to do with it necessarily. its the SSA. the higher the SSA the less each stroke will penalize your rating. so on pitch and putt courses, wher people shoot 13-15 down the amount per stroke can be 13 or 15 points.

sorry when i said par i did mean ssa

Here are the odds of shooting an 1100+ round once you have established this rating:
1045 12 in 2000 rounds
1040 9 in 2000
1035 5 in 2000
1030 3 in 2000
1025 2 in 2000
1020 1 in 2000
If your rating is below 1020, your odds go down quickly but not to zero.

We have 18 players at the Memorial at 1020 and higher. If you add up their probabilities, we would expect one 1100+ round every six years in a 4-round Memorial and two 1100+ rounds every 36 years. However, the course has something to do with it. The Vista course now has 5 of the top 10 rated rounds ever for courses in the 54-60 range. So the probability of an 1100+ round on Vista seems more likely for some reason.

From a course design standpoint, several of the par 3s are only reachable by super gold level players. In addition, all of the OB producing +1 penalties for mostly lower level players will boost the SSA more than a similar open course with little or no OB penalizing the same offline shots. So this type of course provides one of the best opportunities to shoot exceptional rounds if you can throw far, stay in the fairway and make your putts.

Cgkdisc - awesome stats and explanation. Have to say that I always appreciate the THOUGHT and EVIDENCE that go into your posts.

Here are the odds of shooting an 1100+ round once you have established this rating:
1045 12 in 2000 rounds
1040 9 in 2000
1035 5 in 2000
1030 3 in 2000
1025 2 in 2000
1020 1 in 2000

We have 18 players at the Memorial at 1020 and higher. If you add up their probabilities, we would expect one 1100+ round every six years in a 4-round Memorial and two 1100+ rounds every 36 years. However, the course has something to do with it. The Vista course now has 5 of the top 10 rated rounds ever for courses in the 54-60 range. So the probability of an 1100+ round on Vista seems more likely for some reason.

From a course design standpoint, several of the par 3s are only reachable by super gold level players. In addition, all of the OB producing +1 penalties for mostly lower level players will boost the SSA more than a similar open course with little or no OB penalizing the same offline shots. So this type of course provides one of the best opportunities to shoot exceptional rounds if you can throw far, stay in the fairway and make your putts.

Best explanation yet, by far.:clap:
There is always something to be said for simple statistical evaluation as opposed to WAG's and speculation.

1045 12 in 2000 rounds
1040 9 in 2000
1035 5 in 2000
1030 3 in 2000
1025 2 in 2000
1020 1 in 2000

So, you're saying that the rating aren't inflated, but Vista is just an easier course for top pro's.

Vista isn't "easier" than any other 58 SSA course but it has a wider standard deviation in the potential scoring range than perhaps any 58 SSA course with the highest probability an 1100 round can be thrown.

Latest posts