• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] 11x Firebird

the firebird is a true overstable compared to what you already have and much better in the wind. once you throw it you will understand.

^^^ this ... i have a noodle arm so i cant really use them off the tee unless major head wind or i need a super hyzer but when i was throwing them i used them for all kinds of utility shots... spike hyzers, skip shots, flex shots, etc. lots of run to throw

a firebird thrown tomahawk really hard will flare like no other disc.....a lot of skippy aces.....SWEET......

Firebird = greatest disc ever made

can't put it anymore simple than that. If you would like a less stable X mold FB then I would suggest the old 12x.

Yea I'm not good enough to throw this disc. Goes horribly left as soon as it leaves my hand, guess im not getting enough snap/making it spin fast enough.

But I threw it as a tomahawk over my freaking house, so thats promising.

I LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE Firebirds, all kinds. They really are imo one of the best discs made. I've always wanted to get my hands on an 11x. What is the average going price for 175g 11x firebirds 10/10?

I LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE Firebirds, all kinds. They really are imo one of the best discs made. I've always wanted to get my hands on an 11x. What is the average going price for 175g 11x firebirds 10/10?

about $30

I use my 11x for tomahawks only. The new flat tops throw nothing like the 11x in regards to a tomahawk throw.

I have a yellow with some orange 12x that I acetoned all the stamp off except FIREBIRD off of and is flat as can be, and relatively gummy and definitely not 'stiff'. I started off only having it for really hyzer shots and thumbers, but now that it's been in my bag a while it gets a decent amount of regular throw attention. For reliable hyzers that need to go short of 300 I throw the FB, also if there's a stiff headwind and I need it to finish left I throw it.

firebirds are great. 12x's are still nice as are stars once they beat in. but nothing, imo, beats an 11x fb for FH, windy days, hard left shots, thumbers, tomahawks and FH rollers. awesome utility disc.

The new ones MAY be flat but the plastic is not as durable as the 11x blend. New opaque champ beats in SO much quicker than old clear 11x blend.

No doubt, always wanted one but people ask some ridiculous prices most times. I throw FH whenever possible and love my FB.

yes because they are oop - thats all - the new glow cfr firebirds are a lot like the old 11x - they are all flat and overstable

This isn't completely true. Newer CFRs with large (and especially large and circular) stamps are generally flat like the 11xs, but not all of them are, sadly. My club ordered a few dozen with a small, off-center stamp, and they were ALL domey. I didn't even take one! Flat-top glows are almost identical in flight characteristics to the 11xs, which are great discs, OOP, and getting harder to find.

My advice is to flick your heart out with the glow flat-tops, and put your 11x in the closet. (And if you don't flick, a glow is the perfect disc to teach you.) :)

The new ones MAY be flat but the plastic is not as durable as the 11x blend. New opaque champ beats in SO much quicker than old clear 11x blend.

Cali's right. Opaque is waaaay more durable all around, in my experience. Glow flat-top FBs are SUPER durable, too.

You also ought to try a cut roller with it... They really are very useful discs. I have a CFR Glo that is as stiff as nothing I've ever felt and an 11x that is slightly gummy and (as booted said) VERY durable. The only problem is that the 11x is clear and I'm always scared to lose it.

Just learning theroller so ill def. Throw it in there. Been using a beat in circle stamp valkryie dx.