• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] 150 class RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

They make the k3 kaxe z in 150 class. Anyone tried them? I heard k3 kaxe z start out more stable than other plastics so I wonder how the 150 class would be.

Marshal street uploaded some new old stock Innova stuff tonight and I picked up a 150g twelve time champion teebird and a 150g sandstrom valk didn't really need them but they're cool

Struggling with an injury this summer and I'd like to go with lighter discs to compensate

I've already started messing with a 150 Qolf and teebird. What else should I look into?

I'm still okay with a heavy firebird. I'd like to grab some divers in lighter weights.

I normally throw terns, wraiths or destroyers. Should I be looking at Thunderbirds and valks?

Struggling with an injury this summer and I'd like to go with lighter discs to compensate

I've already started messing with a 150 Qolf and teebird. What else should I look into?

I'm still okay with a heavy firebird. I'd like to grab some divers in lighter weights.

I normally throw terns, wraiths or destroyers. Should I be looking at Thunderbirds and valks?

Any of those would be fine. Check out Pro Destroyers in lighter weights; they did well in headwinds for my noodle arm. Lighter weight Pro Wraiths would be good, and a lighter-weight Valk would probably do you very well, as well.

150 class is where MVP shines the most. Their discs do not loose stability as quickly as most others.

I would suggest a 150 class Photon in place of the Wraith/Destroyer. 150 class Wave in place of the Tern. 150 class Volt for your overstable fairway slot.

I also have been very pleased with my 150 class Banzai. It isn't as stable than a Thunderbird at that weight, but pretty stable.

Last edited:
Don't sleep on Condors! They're super class (not necessarily 150g) and an awesome compliment to, say, a 150g 12-time Teebird (I throw both...they're my go-to 'stroller bag' setup with the kiddo when we hit the course).

One of my favorite discs of all time was a 161g Champ Valk. Not quite 150 class, but pretty close. Both champ and star valkyries get pretty light without having to go blizzard or starlite.

Don't sleep on Condors! They're super class (not necessarily 150g) and an awesome compliment to, say, a 150g 12-time Teebird (I throw both...they're my go-to 'stroller bag' setup with the kiddo when we hit the course).

Not Super Class. Just large diameter. That's certainly not a reason to avoid them though. They are a stellar mold.

Not Super Class. Just large diameter. That's certainly not a reason to avoid them though. They are a stellar mold.

Oops! My bad, I thought Condor fit into that grouping. Thought it even said super class on my Condor but I'm probably mixing it up with a zephyr. :eek:

Thanks for the tips fellas

Totally forgot about light mvp discs. I've noticed that some of the other plastic types have lighter weights now. Is it still just personal preference or is fission the best option?

Last edited:

Totally forgot about light mvp discs. I've noticed that some of the other plastic types have lighter weights now. Is it still just personal preference or is fission the best option?

Personal preference... kinda. The current run of Fission can mold up super stable even at very low weights, but you can't get it in all discs.

I have a 148 Elaine King Fission Photon that is very OS. I have a Fission Volt that is just as OS as Eclipse... but with a little less glide.

150 class Neutron and Plasmas are pretty reliable still. I have no idea on the Protons.

Last edited:

Well kinda depends on the disc I think, some are only available in fission for lightweight like the Volt.. Production in other plastics is 169+

The photon fission is one I love but I haven't got a bad one yet, some other people have whined about differences in runs. I have two at 143g a early run and a last year run. The stability is reasonably close for the difference in wear between them.

Plasma Wave is pretty awesome for flexing, neutron Wave is deadly for straight and long. (both 155g) If I bag both I have a lot of my distance needs covered. I toss in a fission Photon and I've got everything covered except real windy conditions.

For those who might be interested;
150 class DX RocX3 is pretty sweet. These might be good cycle candidates.

And the latest run of R-Pro Pigs I also really like. Not gummy at all.

I might pick up a 150 class crave soon. Been digging that mold lately and want to try out some 150 class gyro.

Also been playing around with a 155g recycled diamond lately. It's ridiculous, I throw it on a fairly steep hyzer powered down to about 10% and it flips up to flat, starts turning at about 250' then fades out around 300'. Seriously, I've never thrown something so soft and had it go so far. It's almost like throwing in slo-mo.

When I first started throwing it all it would do is turn and burn. Can't wait to try it out in some massive tailwinds. Also going to try and roll it. I have a feeling it is too light/slow to get good distance out of a roller.