• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] 150g Destroyer: DX v. Blizz

throwfromthewoods

Double Eagle Member
Haven't seen this question come up in my perusal of the forum's search function. I'm looking to try a lighter weight Destroyer. I need a little more stability in my bag, but want to go lighter.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has been able to compare how different the DX Destroyer is from the Blizz Destroyer both in the 145-150g range?

DX. Don't start lightening up with blizz plastic. I'm a huge proponent of Blizz, but they are all really flippy. Start with a light DX, then maybe move on to Blizzard.

the dx destroyer in 150g or if you can get them that low is like throwing a turd wrapped in plastic.

a bliz will catch a glide shape better lines and be more stable and predictable. stay out of the woods with it.

the only 150 dx discs i ever liked were the 150 leo and eagle l for tight woods play when I can not have a run up. Honorable mention to the 150 valk for long tailwind specialty shots.

I have a 150g DX Destroyer. STOOOOPID understable. To the point of being almost un-throwable. It'll go forever in a 30 Mph tail-wind, but it's just a wild guess as to where it's going to end up.

DX is noticeably more understable providing you don't oat the crap out of a blizzard.

I'll grab the Blizzard all day over DX.

Ok, first, the DX has the badass "Transformer" stamp, so its way cooler.

I have a first run DX 150. I was so excited when I got it, because I thought it would be the Destroyer my wimpy arm could throw, but, its a brick.
You guys with the flippy ones, I'm jealous, but mines a piggy.

I just compared PLH with some other D's I have.
My DX has the same PLH as my FR Echo D, which is known for its overstability, and its only slightly lower than my Starlight, which is Firebird stable.

So I guess its what you get.
You could buy two DX for the price of one bubble disc, and I dont think the bubble last twice as long as the DX, so DX is probably the better deal.

Plus, like I said, you get the badass Transformer stamp. :D

you are comparing the most understable and most easily beating in plastic ( dx ) to the all new, durable and super uberstable plastic ( blizzard ). That is like comparing a roadrunner to a xcaliber.

you are comparing the most understable and most easily beating in plastic ( dx ) to the all new, durable and super uberstable plastic ( blizzard ). That is like comparing a roadrunner to a xcaliber.

No, comparing a Roadrunner to an Xcal would be like comparing a Roadrunner to an Xcal. Plenty of people talk about flippy blizz discs, so I don't see why it would be a bizarre comparison to ask about.

The 150 DX Destroyer I had was the worst disc I've ever owned. Literally I would rather throw a groove. It was the flippiest POS I have ever seen.

Blizzard uberstable? Maybe in Switzerland but this is 'Merica!

I've thrown 150 DX Destroyers for years and they are fantastic, stable-overstable at first but breaking in and becoming predictable hyzer-flip machines. I also have a 150 Blizzard Destroyer, it's a completely different disc-long and straight but very stable the whole time with lots of glide and a big fade at the finish.

I have a 156, 157, and 158 blizzard destroyer and they are more stable than my max weight Avery jenkins destroyer that is a 7/10 - not as stable as my 167 pre Avery destroyer that is super beefy- I have never seen a beefy dx destroyer, they are all floppy out the box, unlike these blizzards I have been usin most of the summer

I have both. The dx is unthrowable, way too understable and the disc is so shallow its hard to grip. Go with blizzard.

My buddy's going the blizzard route and I'm going the DX route. I've got a 160g DX arriving today, and he's got a Blizzard I think in the high 150s. I threw his Blizzard Destroyer last weekend and it was definitely overstable. On another note, I've got some 148 DX Wraiths that I'll put up against his Blizzard Wraiths (high 130s) today.

Y'all must have cannons for arms, I can get my 150 DX Destroyer out to 325'+ on a line with no fear of turning and burning. Maybe they just send the good ones down to FL.

Y'all must have cannons for arms, I can get my 150 DX Destroyer out to 325'+ on a line with no fear of turning and burning. Maybe they just send the good ones down to FL.

Me too. I have a supper flat DX 150 destroyer (up for sale/trade btw). For me my Pro Destroyer 166g is less stable than that disc. I can throw my Pro farther than the DX. Maybe it's just how flat it is I can't get a good grip on it but man it's pretty stable.

Go with a normal weight pro destroyer, like 167-172. Better then dx and blizz. blizz Ds are overstable, the blizz boss seems to be less stable for some reason.

You need a clean and smooth technique to toss Blizzrd, if you practice with Blizzard discs you may even improve your distance with regular max weight drivers, it did for me.
I have 150, 156 Blizz Wraiths and Destroyers and they are $$.
The Destroyers are very stable and the Wraiths shape great shots when flipped up flat. I also have some 136 Blizz destroyers I bought for laughs. They are my new sky anny rollers; easily flipped over with No run up just a step and toss.
I did find that my 150 Blizz Destroyer turned over a bit more with a stronger headwind, it still flexed back though.
I still carry a new and seasoned 172-175 Pro Destoyer in my bag but no more Wraiths other than a 156 Blizzard.
I bet the Katanahs are really flippy. Bosses seem like Bosses until they get very light. I don't trow Bosses but won a 136 and a 148 in a tourney recently so I will take them to a field. My buddy throws Bosses and he has added 75 feet easily to his already beefy drivers.

Max weight DX Destroyers are prett stable to start out but can break in a bit too fast, not as fast as you may think. But every DX mold I ever tossed lost significant stability with lowering weights. a 150 DX Destroyer will be flippy and get worse with every impact, try a 165 perhaps instead.

You need a clean and smooth technique to toss Blizzrd, if you practice with Blizzard discs you may even improve your distance with regular max weight drivers, it did for me.
I have 150, 156 Blizz Wraiths and Destroyers and they are $$.
The Destroyers are very stable and the Wraiths shape great shots when flipped up flat. I also have some 136 Blizz destroyers I bought for laughs. They are my new sky anny rollers; easily flipped over with No run up just a step and toss.
I did find that my 150 Blizz Destroyer turned over a bit more with a stronger headwind, it still flexed back though.
I still carry a new and seasoned 172-175 Pro Destoyer in my bag but no more Wraiths other than a 156 Blizzard.
I bet the Katanahs are really flippy. Bosses seem like Bosses until they get very light. I don't trow Bosses but won a 136 and a 148 in a tourney recently so I will take them to a field. My buddy throws Bosses and he has added 75 feet easily to his already beefy drivers.

Max weight DX Destroyers are prett stable to start out but can break in a bit too fast, not as fast as you may think. But every DX mold I ever tossed lost significant stability with lowering weights. a 150 DX Destroyer will be flippy and get worse with every impact, try a 165 perhaps instead.

Blizz discs cleaned up my form too a bit this year, I was hitting 400 last year, hit 420 consistenly this year with blizzard, used my 172 nuke and katana halfway through the summer and found that I can hit 420 with both of them now. I think blizzard gave me some more snap in my throw.

If you are going to get a blizzard disc though stay away from the david wiggins ones, they have no bubbles in the flight plate.

Latest posts