• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Selling] 1970s-90s Wham-O, Innova, Discraft, Lightning, DGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiohombre

I have several large boxes of discs and frisbees. Some in their original packaging others loose in the box. Almost all of them have never been thrown. Can anyone guide me to a place online where I can find out their approximate value? I plan to keep some but I would sell others.

I recognize a lot of the discs I have on on a website called "Marvin's Flying Disc Collection" like HDX, World Class, World Championships and Fastback. Most have different model numbers and different weights in grams. The are mostly for freestyle and other disc golf games of the 70s and 80s.

I'm most familiar with disc golf discs since I play disc golf. The discs from Innova, Discraft, Lightning and DGA seem to be in their baseline plastic with most of them having artwork while some have custom club or event/tournament stamps. Most of the Lightning discs are warplanes. Lots of minis, too.

You may suggest I send some pictures and I can do that eventually if this is the place. Perhaps there's a more specific forum for each manufacturer? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

There is a thread in the Discs category of these dgcr forums called "What is this disc worth?"
Post pics of your discs in that thread. Folks will give feedback on them.

Last edited:
Sounds like a fun collection, I'm sure you'd get some interest if you posted here. There are a few knowledgeable people on this board that know about 70s freestyle/frisbees, but not many. As swhite said, you may get someone to chime in on the What is this Disc Worth? thread, especially if you post disc golf discs.

A search of sold frisbees on ebay might help you know which ones are worth a good amount.

There are Facebook pages dedicated to buying and selling disc golf discs, and some allow "price check" posts, so that is another option.

I found "Sold Items Only" on eBay is very helpful when seeking value.

Facebook does have a lot of groups that would help. I'm in a few "Frisbee/Lid" or Old timers collector groups. IMO those groups would be great for the 70s stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts