• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1993 Worlds Pro Shot Video

hahaha no doubt. i have an old VHS tape of the 1996 or 97 worlds i can't remember Cam Todd won open and Jon Houck is an announcer on it. but there was a 250+ foot par 2. Also Houck calls turnover shots "Roll Curves" I love the old vids.

If Cam won Open, you're talking about 2001 Worlds. There is a video of the 1997 Worlds in Charlotte out there too...Climo won that one.

If Cam won Open, you're talking about 2001 Worlds. There is a video of the 1997 Worlds in Charlotte out there too...Climo won that one.
Must be 01. Cam def. won. it was in the midwest. in Cam's interview after the last putt he talks about how hot it was.

Did the link/video disappear or just not supported on mobile?

Too bad Tomas Ekstrom wasn't on the top card. Would've liked to have seen more of him throwing.

hahaha no doubt. i have an old VHS tape of the 1996 or 97 worlds i can't remember Cam Todd won open and Jon Houck is an announcer on it. but there was a 250+ foot par 2. Also Houck calls turnover shots "Roll Curves" I love the old vids.
Cam won the 2001 Pro Worlds in the Twin Cities which was the hottest on record. We had official par 2s in both the 2001 and 2002 Pro Worlds and many more in later Pro Worlds that were called par 3s.

Cam won the 2001 Pro Worlds in the Twin Cities which was the hottest on record. We had official par 2s in both the 2001 and 2002 Pro Worlds and many more in later Pro Worlds that were called par 3s.
haha thanks for the info. chuck! would love to see some stats on how many of the par 2's produced birdies. I believe hosfield took a boggie on one of those holes on the vid. i have.
the hole i am talking about had a crane cam filming it as it was up hill. great camera work. Acording to houck that particular hole was just a gentle "roll curve" shot for RHBH throwers.

Yep, the film crew headed by Blair Paulsen had a crane for the Final 9. We also had daily video clips shown on the big screens at the Sports Bar located between the two main courses that players could watch during their lunch breaks between rounds. We plan to do that again for Am Worlds in 2014 at the same place.

It was either that hole or the one before it where a fan in the crowd was nailed in the forehead by a throw that didn't "roll curve" enough. The gash required stitches but no lawsuit resulted.

I bet if you send a message to Will he could maybe hook you up with a dvd of it. He is a friend of mine and an excellent videographer.

Sweet! Do you have a link to his profile? I wonder if he has anymore gems like this laying around...

wow that was an awesome find. I met Elaine King this year at a tournament (she lives in NC now I think) and I think she was wearing those same shorts.

I agree we needed more Eckström in that video.

great vid, for all of the reasons mentioned! i wish they had shown more of the lower men's open cards. i'd love to see footage of craig g, mike moser, joe mela, and some of the other east coast guys i've met.

I know I've seen plenty of video of Mela and Moser on DGM. still excellent players to watch.

I had no clue Scott Stokely was 6'7"

It appears that crazy came up with the "fist bump" this may be the first known footage of the ultimate manshake.

Latest posts