• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1993 Worlds Pro Shot Video

Great video! Thanks for posting it.

But, let me get this straight. Disc golf was broadcast on a cable sports station back in '93? With multiple cameras, overhead views, great camera work...etc? I know it wasn't live, but still it was on TV, complete with a big name sponsor and everything.

Fast forward almost 20 years and we seem to be nowhere near getting television coverage. What the heck happened?

Fast forward almost 20 years and we seem to be nowhere near getting television coverage. What the heck happened?

Wham-O stopped writing checks.

If all the speculation from the last couple weeks/months is true, the pros could be a lot closer to being back on TV than they've been in a long time.

I like how at the 48:30 mark Climo just stands up from his chair and goes right in to his approach.
Great video

If all the speculation from the last couple weeks/months is true, the pros could be a lot closer to being back on TV than they've been in a long time.

Don't know what you're talking about exactly...

But, DG on TV would be niiiiiiice.

Great video! Thanks for posting it.

But, let me get this straight. Disc golf was broadcast on a cable sports station back in '93? With multiple cameras, overhead views, great camera work...etc? I know it wasn't live, but still it was on TV, complete with a big name sponsor and everything.

Actually Discgolfplanet.tv might be producing four shows that will be shown on regional sports networks next year.
http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/2012-11-13BODMeetingMinutesApproved.pdf

Transferred this from a VHS Recording of the TV Broadcast on SportsSouth, so there will be commercials, and some of the audio is off, sorry :\

Enjoy!

just watched this and its dope as hell. Thank you very much for posting!!!!

I have a champion birdie from this year and 1991.

Also Houck calls turnover shots "Roll Curves" I love the old vids.

When Millennium first started, the Midrange was the Aurora. It came in MF, MS, and MR, with the F=Fade, S=Straight, and R=Roll. Not sure if the MR was ever in full production, or just prototypes.

Crazy Announcer "Crazy" John Brooks at the 25:00 mark. Enjoy that hair too.

Ahh yea Mitch Mac was on this as well as a very lanky stokely , got love the old days.

Latest posts