• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1999 World Championships Final Round

I'm not sure if this has already been posted somewhere on this site, but I just found this video on Youtube. It is the final round from the 1999 World Championships. It features Ken Climo, Ron Russell, Barry Schultz, and Scott Stokely. Awesome video.

:clap::clap::clap:

Ah, 1999 Worlds. First DG video I ever bought. Still have the VHS somewhere (only no VCR to play it on).

Without watching that Youtube to refresh my memory, the two things still stand out to me about that final 9: Barry Schultz's 3 on the 900(?) foot hole and Stokely seeming to miss every single putt. The Schultz thing might not seem all that impressive by today's standards, but back then, seeing someone overthrowing the pin in two shots on a 900 foot hole was eye-poppingly impressive.

And Stokely's struggles around the basket were only emphasized when I attended one of his pro clinics a couple years later and he spent a good 30-40 minutes talking about putting techniques and philosophies. All I kept thinking about during the clinic were all the missed putts from this video and how I just couldn't take him seriously. I'm sure everything he said was likely sound advice, I just don't think I took anything from it. Funny how one impression from one half round stuck with me like that.
I have a vcr in my closet $95.99 and its yours.;)

Barry's 3 on that hole is still incredible. its 911' with OB down the entire right side.

Saw my mug several times in the gallery. We all looked younger! Had a hard time recognizing Barry without his music earphones.

somewhere around the 22 minutes mark is that a young Steve Brinster taking pictures from the gallery?

I too am curious as to what they were all throwing.

Latest posts