• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2 Courses in Northern Colorado Springs

agapedad

Eagle Member
Hey - Colorado Springs transplant here, and I have been trying to get my dad to try out DG out there.
They live not too far from Cottonwood, but they are old and slow, and a bit intimidated by all the DGers there...(if you see an older man and woman walking the course...take pity on them, and tell them their son told them to go buy some discs.)

My dad drives bus for district 20, and he saw 2 churches side by side up on Northgate (Not sure if it was old or new northgate) that each had a 9 hole course on their property. They were only separated by a driveway, so he said you could easily play 18. He called, and they just asked that you not play on Sunday morning.

Anyone know anything about these courses? They are not in the directory.

I saw a basket by a church on our way back to Denver from Sakuna Pines, but I thought maybe that someone just has a practice basket. Let me know if you find anything out.

I was looking at the Pikes Peak Flying Disc Club site, and they don't have any info on the courses, and their forum is dead.
If anyone knows anything, please let us know!

I don't know anything about these courses. I am pretty new int he area as well. Where is northgate exactly? You can always go down to Widefield park in Fountain which is generally a lot less busy than Cottonwood and more beginner friendly.

I will let my dad know that Widefield is generally less busy.

Northgate is across from the Northgate of the Academy up east of 25. (I left in 2000 and there was not much there...I guess there is a lot out there now.)
The way my dad was talking, these 2 churches are right on Northgate.
Probably not too far from Sakuna Pines.

There are 2 9 hole courses directly next to eachother. 9 holes at Forest Gate Pres. Church has the red portable baskets. Super easy course, a bit of elevation change. The other is next door at the Baptist church and the baskets are all man made. The poles are made of wood, baskets are made of old tires, and has chains to catch the disc. They are actually pretty cool.

Latest posts