• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2 New courses near Lake Nacogdoches

Never knew of the original news. That would be sweet because the other 2 courses there are sweet. Ask XinnovaXx

Any news on the 2 new courses being built near Lake Nacogdoches (TX)?

still waiting......not really sure what the hold up is now...at first they were supposed to have the money by or soon after the ppo...but you know how that goes when theres promises of course funds being taken care of:D.....ill be sure and post when theyre ready...and ill be sure and send you a pm to let you know

add me to that pm list if you can, i have family in NAC and i love to play pioneer when i'm there

don't play pioneer near or after dark.
trust me.
A guy started playing with me right at dusk and told me it's the "sex park". after a couple holes it got really awkward cause he was asking me really personal questions then i realized what was happening and left as quick as I could...gives me a nasty feeling in my stomach when I think about this guy.:(

I didnt have a problem with that the times Ive been down there. Guess your just better looking then me

Thanks...

Look forward to any info you have, and I will try to stay away from Pioneer after dark when I am in town.

pioneer park is kinda near the rough side of town, i havent heard of anything about sex abuse or anything but there are some scary lookin people hangin around there sometimes cause they live in the trailer park right behind it. however i dont recommend playing there at dark cause its easy to lose discs...tall grass and woods make it hard to see. i was trying to finish my round last night and it got dark and i threw my beloved destroyer into the trees and couldnt see....so i woke up at 6:30 to get out there and found it this morning!!! as far as the lake, last semester i heard it was close to being done but havent heard anything since b/c i havent been to any of the mini's since then, so ill try and show up this weekend ask the guys putting it together and get back to this thread...pioneer during the day though is a blast, much better course than pecan in my opinion, cause you have to earn your birdies

don't play pioneer near or after dark.
trust me.
A guy started playing with me right at dusk and told me it's the "sex park". after a couple holes it got really awkward cause he was asking me really personal questions then i realized what was happening and left as quick as I could...gives me a nasty feeling in my stomach when I think about this guy.:(

Geez...A guy tries to be friendly and strike up a conversation. I wondered why you left so quickly! ;)

Kidding!

(I think it might have been Zenbot) :D

i played the lake course yesterday.....it is F'in awesome!!!! there are no baskets yet they only have 4x4 posts with buckets on top, any touch of the bucket counts as a made putt....it has been rated a gold course and i believe the tourney record there is 8 over, i finished 9 over myself....some of the holes are amazing...ill post some pics later tonight

So are they coming soon? I thought there was going to be two courses

Someone please let me know when it's finished? I, too, have family in Nac, and I make it a point to play both courses there as well as as many new ones along my trip down. I would love to play the lake course (when it has baskets). I find pioneer to be far more challenging... when the back isn't flooded. But I agree, I wouldn't start a game by myself if it were going into evening.

As far as the sex park is concerned: that's common in lots of places around the nation; it dates back to the 70's or something, when gays were still ostracized (more than today) and that was one way for them to meet. Unfortunately, a lot of Little Rock parks have this problem. Fortunately, the disc golf courses across the river do not.

As for losing your disc: get a pack (comes with 4) of those thin, little 1 inch or 1 1/2 inch glow in the dark fishing bobbers, and tape them to your disc. Top or bottom works. Top makes them more understable, but easier to see than bottom (since your disc will land face up most of the time). Use the clear tape with threads woven inside of it (it borders on an opaque clear); don't use the "Duck brand" clear tape... that **** is weak and falls off if you are prone to hitting trees.

the baskets are coming whenever the local club raises the money, not sure when that will be...and im not sure if there is going to be another course or not...ill ask one of the guys who would know next time i play with them...im goin out to the lake again today cause its absolutly beautiful outside so maybe ill run into one of them...craziest thing ever happened...we were on a fairway and a huge buck jumped out of the creek and just stood like 10 feet from all of us for like 30 seconds before he ran away. we also saw like 3 or 4 other deer while playing. anyways, i only have a few pics b/c some of the wooded holes dont look as nice in the pics as they really were due to poor lighting so so i left them out...

the first two pics are hole 3...look at the bridge in the first (through small gap down the hill) to reference where the pin is located in the second...pin is dead center through the trees in the second pic
naclakehole3.jpg

naclakehole3-2.jpg

this is one of my favorites...huge elevation change with a ton of obstacles...the pin is behind that huge pine dead center but waaay back at that distant treeline tucked away in a hole back in those trees

naclakehole6.jpg

here is my second favorite hole...hole 11, if you follow the water line from right to left until it appears to hit the hill, you will notice a pine tree sticking up (it is actually down on the edge of the water, not on the hill like it kinda appears to be) the pin is located in a cut out area to its left right near the water...the huge elevation makes this a crazy shot. the second pic has the tree i mentioned on the far right of the pic, so you can get an idea of where the pin is located...you can see a guy standing buy it in the pic...

naclakehole11.jpg

naclakehole11-2.jpg

here is hole 12...these photos dont do this hole justice on how difficult it is or how beautiful the scenery is either. you tee off behind a ton of trees where you can either throw a straight shot and pray it gets through or you can hyzer it through the hole to the top left....about 500 or so feet down the beach is the basket...in the second pic you can see the basket at the end of the trees and backed up to the woods...the beach on the right is actually huge dunes of dark sand/dirt and if your disc lands in the gap between one you have a tough second shot
naclakehole12.jpg

naclakehole12-2.jpg

Tanks for the pics of the new Nac. course. When I played Pioneer with a local pro(tall guy with long hair that had been playing for 10 yrs at the time of my review and his dark haired buddy with glasses) told me about 2 future lake courses. He said at that time they were trying to raise more money for T-pads or baskets or maybe both. By the way I loved pioneer and the 2 above mentioned locals were my kind of people. Laid back and loves the game.

i played the lake course yesterday.....it is F'in awesome!!!! there are no baskets yet they only have 4x4 posts with buckets on top, any touch of the bucket counts as a made putt....it has been rated a gold course and i believe the tourney record there is 8 over, i finished 9 over myself....some of the holes are amazing...ill post some pics later tonight

Want to meet up there this week? I go to Angelina on Tues/Thurs and want to head up to Nac one afternoon.

The first course is laid out, and there are post w/ buckets (turned upside down, you just have to hit it), so we've got a completely functional object course right now. The major cutting has been complete on this course, but it's still very rough around the edges, but we basically have people working out there everyday.

It's a great course, and is about as hard as the Dogwood-short tees (Gold) course at Lindsey Park in Tyler, TX. We have a few true par 4s, and the elevation that you will shooting from is a rarity for TX. This has way more elevation shifts than Pioneer park. The course is nothing like the other two in Nac, which are both pretty wide open courses, with very few (or none) technical shots at Pecan or Pioneer. This lake course is mostly wooded, but pretty fair. The tees we have in now will most likely be our long tees, and we have a lot of ideas for short tees.

We have a whole other plot of land of equal side just to the other side of the parking lot (West Park @ Lake Nacogdoches), but we plan on making this a lot less difficult of a course, since this first one that we've planned out will eat a casual player alive. So far the best score at the Lake is a 62, which should drop a little more with more maintainence, and experience.

As for baskets, we are dissapointed that we had a friend of the local club pledge to match baskets, and then backed out after we raised money for 9 baskets. So now we're in the processes of getting those last couple grand, it was a pretty big blow to tell everyone that that didn't go through, and donations from local disc golfers have slowed since, but we're hoping to get a few more hole sponsors and get them ordered as soon as we can.

Once we get the baskets, I'll post it on the main site's courses page.

Matt, if you do come to town and play the lake course, let Craig know your suggestions after you play. He's always listening to you and Brad. If you want someone to show the Lake if Kevin can't, just give me a shout. (grayson).

i would love to get back out there sometime this week. i have class MWF but im done at 2:15. im workin on getting a job this week though so im not sure of my availability as of now, so ill have to let you know. hey grayson next time you guys go out there to play either post it on here or PM me cause i may have trouble navagating the course again. i was with logan, matt, and john the first time i played so they were showing me where to go...

Latest posts